Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Front off side wheel squeak
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been experiencing a squeak from the front offside wheel of my 2.0HDi Desire 2005 Berlingo lately. The squeak has a rhythmic nature to it so I am pretty sure it is from the wheel rather than anything else. The strange thing is that it usually only occurs after I have travelled a mile or so when starting off and usually stops after another mile or so. It has got a little louder over the past few weeks. I know the front brakes are due for changing - could it be this or could it be a bearing? Are there any quick and easy checks I could do before taking it to get looked at?

Thanks Smile
My guess is that its your bearing, raise the wheel and give it a shake with your hands at 10 and 2, depending how bad your bearing is (if it is that!), you will be able to feel it.

Give your brakes a try before a bearing change, they need doing anyway like you said Tongue
What should I feel - movement? How quickly/seriously can a bearing go - is this something I should be worrying about?
Bearing now replaced (after noise got worse). All solved :-)