Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Heater blower repair
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have an 02 berlingo multispace. Blower only works on full speed, 4. Nothing when I select 1,2 or 3.

I've read lots of posts about the transistor pack so I ordered one on eBay. I dropped the fan motor out but there is no transistor pack on the fan casing... I can't seem to locate anything online about it. Everything I've found says the transistor pack is easy to get to.

Any ideas?? Thanks.
Hi,
Try this link Replacement instructions http://www.blower-motor-resistor.co.uk/c...-unit.html
HTH
Griff
Thanks for the link. This doesn't look like my blower. I've taken the fan and motor out and there is nothing left in the casing. It doesn't come apart either. There are only two wires that connect using a socket. If the fan is in the casing the socket connects to the two spades on the motor (through the casing if that makes sense?) There is no transistor heatsink pack, so I assume it's not the right motor assembly?

this photo isn't mine, but it looks the same. top right there is flat socket (basically it's a hole so that the plug connects through the plastic cover onto the two spades on the motor)

I'm assuming that to control the speed there must be more than two connections?
(16-11-2012, 01:36 PM)Conceptguy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the link. This doesn't look like my blower. I've taken the fan and motor out and there is nothing left in the casing. It doesn't come apart either. There are only two wires that connect using a socket. If the fan is in the casing the socket connects to the two spades on the motor (through the casing if that makes sense?) There is no transistor heatsink pack, so I assume it's not the right motor assembly?

this photo isn't mine, but it looks the same. top right there is flat socket (basically it's a hole so that the plug connects through the plastic cover onto the two spades on the motor)

I'm assuming that to control the speed there must be more than two connections?

You have the exact same problem as me.
If you look up into the housing that you removed the motor from you will see a part which is flat, taped up in a green insulation and has what looks like a bulb filament at the end. I am lead to believe that is the part you need to replace. It just plugs out for replacement.
I am currently trying to source one as we speak...
Thanks. I've read about this resistor. But I thought it was more to do with the fan being on constantly? Mine only works when set to 4.