Berlingo Forum

Full Version: HTC phones / PDAs stolen from Taxis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A spate of HTC computers / PDAs being stolen from Taxis by smash and grab thieves in Edinburgh area, often in broad daylight. Unattended cars having the passenger window smashed and gloveboxes raided. :censored:
Never leave valuables in cars , even for short time.
I expect as its getting closer to Christmas, there will be more opportunities for the sc****gs to target any vehicle, not just Taxis, to raid looking for easy pickings ( Xmas gifts etc. )
Well if people are daft enough to leave it in their cars...............................!!!!!!
......and does the same go for people leaving stuff in the house ?
Unfortunately, people can, and do forget to remove valuables from their unattended vehicles ( I might have said never leave valuables in cars but realistically it can very often be totally impractical/impossible to remove items ),Also, if a Taxi driver , or anyone else for that matter gets out of their car to assist passengers etc even for a couple of seconds then before they know it someone could just quickly grab an item out of the car. Mistakes do happen.
Its not just a case of hiding items out of sight either nowadays, and the lowlife prey on that.
(26-11-2012, 10:41 PM)taxi Wrote: [ -> ]......and does the same go for people leaving stuff in the house ?
Unfortunately, people can, and do forget to remove valuables from their unattended vehicles ( I might have said never leave valuables in cars but realistically it can very often be totally impractical/impossible to remove items ),Also, if a Taxi driver , or anyone else for that matter gets out of their car to assist passengers etc even for a couple of seconds then before they know it someone could just quickly grab an item out of the car. Mistakes do happen.
Its not just a case of hiding items out of sight either nowadays, and the lowlife prey on that.

Thats mostly the reason I specified glass backdoors in the hearse-the scumbags can then see theres nothing in there before they punch the lock.
Set up some "Bait" cars to sort them out.