Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Piece of Rubber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
I'm looking for the rubber flap that is on the driver side of the windscreen cover. It is a slide on slide off piece of rubber that is supposed to protect the engine from rain, snow slush ect ect not that we get a lot of snow in Sydney but we do get some amazing storms.
What's a windscreen cover?
(02-02-2013, 08:30 AM)evdama Wrote: [ -> ]What's a windscreen cover?

It's the plastic at the bottom of the windscreen, 2 pieces L & R that the wiper motor splines go through, not sure of its proper name.
(02-02-2013, 08:37 AM)pitpan Wrote: [ -> ]

It's the plastic at the bottom of the windscreen, 2 pieces L & R that the wiper motor splines go through, not sure of its proper name.

Scuttle panel :thumbsup:
(02-02-2013, 10:50 AM)steve valentine Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2013, 08:37 AM)pitpan Wrote: [ -> ]

Scuttle panel :thumbsup:

Thanks, that's the first time I've heard it called that, I thought it was called a Cowling or someting else but all the same thing I suppose. Anyway I require the piece of rubber "flap" on the drivers side that attaches to it if anyone knows where to get or has one.
Where's Ron to make comment about me demonstrating my techniques, when you need him?

I'd suggest fronting the counter at Reno-Reck in Wyong if you can. Mitch is the owner; he is a good bloke to deal with and you'll probably think of something else needed along the way.

There are a bunch of rubber things - I'm not sure exactly which you refer to. Largest is the sponge rubber pinchweld at the forward edge of the scuttle metalwork; it also has sponge rubber end blocks. Then there's a shorter length of rubber flap seal over the scuttle area near where air is taken in for the A/C. Finally there's the thin hard rubber pinchweld that caps the edge of your scuttle trim and actually sits on the windscreen glass.
(03-02-2013, 10:03 AM)addo Wrote: [ -> ]Where's Ron to make comment about me demonstrating my techniques, when you need him?

I'd suggest fronting the counter at Reno-Reck in Wyong if you can. Mitch is the owner; he is a good bloke to deal with and you'll probably think of something else needed along the way.

There are a bunch of rubber things - I'm not sure exactly which you refer to. Largest is the sponge rubber pinchweld at the forward edge of the scuttle metalwork; it also has sponge rubber end blocks. Then there's a shorter length of rubber flap seal over the scuttle area near where air is taken in for the A/C. Finally there's the thin hard rubber pinchweld that caps the edge of your scuttle trim and actually sits on the windscreen glass.
I do not get involved with anything to do with rubber,it's so easy to be misinterpreted.:thumbsup::thumbsup: