Berlingo Forum

Full Version: my bingo is a bit sick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
o dear my berlingo ( 03 2.o forte 46K owned from new)failed its mot today, front coil spring and rear exhaust box. so i the mech asked to chage the spring i of course gave the go ahead but i'm thinking now maybe they should be changing both. he did say just that one side failed.

is their a safty implication here, they have quoted £207 for mot for the work and parts inc vat

is this ok ?
When one spring failed on mine, I changed them both, but it's not really needed, I changed both as I didn't want to run the risk of the other failing, I think the springs were about £35 each and took me probably an hour each side to do.

£207 doesn't seem bad to me.

That is a good price for the works, i'd only change the broken spring too.
This does seem to be the year for the back box on 03 berlingos to finally give up though.....??
The new design is a lot neater with a shorter pipe.
Hi guys,

I think its probably prudent to change both as general thinking is that any new spring will tend to wear at a greater rate than it would if a pair were changed. This is due to excess 'demand' being placed on the stronger spring. It also ensures better stability if both are renewed. Eventualy they get to the same state of wear and need replacing together (old and new)!

Always seems a bit of an economic nonsence to replace an apparently good spring but in the long run?

Regards, El Berlingo
thanks for the replies