Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Berlingo wanabe owner.. Hi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone, just registered as I am looking to buy a berlingo and join the gang.
Any tips on what to look for are most welcome.

Thanks!
A berlingo ?
(24-04-2013, 07:40 AM)pch Wrote: [ -> ]A berlingo ?

Is that the one with the wheels?
Hi and welcome,ever which year berlingo you are looking for there is plenty of information and help on the forum,have a good look through past posts relating to which model Berlingo you are after and you will find most answers.Smile
If your after a MK3 check the front suspension it has been known to knock. Been problems with struts and drop links in the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It will be a mk2 I will be looking for. Ideally an hdi. Not looking to spend a great deal as its going to be car no.2 in our family.
Going camping in France this summer so planning to take it for a trip down there.
What to look for?

Besides rust?

A couple of things you really have to look for;
1. That every knob and button work.
2. No dampness in the carpet. Really.
3. Plum Red. Yeah, it's the best colour choice. I know, I'm on my second Berlingo of that colour.
4. Go over the engine. If it has been steam-cleaned, forget it. anyone steam-cleaning the engine compartment before a sale is hiding something. Get hold of an ODB II-reader that works on Citroën and read out the status. Check alternator. After you've revved the engine an it's in a high idle you should find 14.4V or better when measuring across the battery poles. Anything lower can indicate a bad alternator. Remove the radiator cap. Any brown sludge on it is a bad sign. Check the oil. Not just that there's enough, but that it's of good quality, too.
EVDAMA,no "T" comments?:whistle::whistle:
(24-04-2013, 08:29 PM)ron Wrote: [ -> ]EVDAMA,no "T" comments?:whistle::whistle:

Sad
(24-04-2013, 05:26 PM)Gadgetman Wrote: [ -> ]What to look for?

Besides rust?

A couple of things you really have to look for;
1. That every knob and button work.
2. No dampness in the carpet. Really.
3. Plum Red. Yeah, it's the best colour choice. I know, I'm on my second Berlingo of that colour.
4. Go over the engine. If it has been steam-cleaned, forget it. anyone steam-cleaning the engine compartment before a sale is hiding something. Get hold of an ODB II-reader that works on Citroën and read out the status. Check alternator. After you've revved the engine an it's in a high idle you should find 14.4V or better when measuring across the battery poles. Anything lower can indicate a bad alternator. Remove the radiator cap. Any brown sludge on it is a bad sign. Check the oil. Not just that there's enough, but that it's of good quality, too.
Some good advice there , thanks, the odb thingy I wouldnt know what to look for or how to hook it up, I would be getting a mechanic to check it out anyways.

Looking at one this w/e.
2005 Citroen Berlingo Multispace Desire Hdi, 1998CC Diesel, 5DR, Manual. 55k
in a light blue :eek: