Berlingo Forum

Full Version: the time has finally come
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I bought a 08 Renault trafic.

Owned a 07 berlingo for a touch under 2 years. And ill never every buy one again. Besides the fact that everything is made of soft cheese and not metal. There engineers should be shot.

Im 6 foot. Not excessively tall. Pretty normal in this day and age but I dont fit in it. The seat wont go back far enough.

The travel of the brake pedal is wrong for the way you would push it. I could go on and on but basically theres so many little thing that annoy me iv ended up hating the van. I can forgive alot but theres just too much.

Thanks for your help
just proves you should drive a vehicle before you decide to buy it.... over the years ive found several i just either didnt fit in or found uncomfortable...even though others raved about them.
I'm an inch shorter than you, it must make all the difference Big Grin I don't understand the bit about the brake pedal, are you trying to use your hand on it ? I press mine with my right foot same as any other car I drive and never even gave it a second thought. All the best with the Trafic, hope you get on better with it than you have with the Berlingo.
I'm 6 foot and found the Berlingo a little uncomfortable at first, raised the seat up by about 1½inches and now find that I am very comfortable.
(12-05-2013, 08:23 PM)corkgsxr Wrote: [ -> ]I bought a 08 Renault trafic.

Owned a 07 berlingo for a touch under 2 years. And ill never every buy one again. Besides the fact that everything is made of soft cheese and not metal. There engineers should be shot.

Im 6 foot. Not excessively tall. Pretty normal in this day and age but I dont fit in it. The seat wont go back far enough.

The travel of the brake pedal is wrong for the way you would push it. I could go on and on but basically theres so many little thing that annoy me iv ended up hating the van. I can forgive alot but theres just too much.

Thanks for your help
Did you have a MK 1 2 or 3?
Make 2 I think.

Ok the travel of the pedal is in line with the floor rather that 45 degrees which is the direction your foot would push it.

The seats are of a plasticy material so it makes you sweat when its warm. Whats wrong with fabric seats.

The brakes are poor enough unless you go the full ebc setup like I eventually will.

The tiny tires dont last long.

The weasy turbo gives a little bump of power then goes flat. And they shortened the gearing so its not obvious. Which means the revs are high in 5th.

It takes 9 years for the heater to make abit of heat unless you trash it from cold.

The radio is s**t. I ended up putting in a whole new sound system.

The clutch pedal mechanism is made of a ridiculous amount of pieces. And all the bushings break up leaving the clutch action barely working.

Only van I know that doesn't have proper mounting points for a hitch. Even the official kits just bolt in all over the place. The chassis rails are so light you can squash them with the bolts.

Even the Peugeot main dealer sed they were a bit of a fuckup that model
End of an era? Man down?
The chassis rails don't squash if you fit the spacer tubes that (should) come with the towbar kit..........
(12-05-2013, 08:23 PM)corkgsxr Wrote: [ -> ]I bought a 08 Renault trafic.

Thanks for your help

I'm not certain which model you won't buy again.It sounds like the Berlingo to me.Confusedcratch:
I can relate to the seat not going back far enough, worse when i stop for a rest and can't get comfortable!
Pages: 1 2