Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Ventilation fan stopped
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Friends.

New to this forum and need some help.

I have a Berlingo van on a 09 plate and suddenley the ventilation fan has stopped working.

I've read various posts but am having difficulty locating the fan position.
It appears to me to be behind the gearstick but posts I've read say elsewhere.
Its not in the passenger footwell area or behind glovebox and not above accelerator pedel.

Any suggestions greatfully received :wave:
Not sure on the mk3 but don`t you have to take the glove box out and its behind there. I remember Lighty has mentioned he has done quite a few of these you could pm him.
09 plate, would be under the dash on the drivers side, you remove the under dash panel, and it's on the right about as far right as is possible.
(26-07-2013, 06:02 AM)Lighty Wrote: [ -> ]09 plate, would be under the dash on the drivers side, you remove the under dash panel, and it's on the right about as far right as is possible.

Thanks for thatSmile
(26-07-2013, 06:43 AM)chrisr Wrote: [ -> ]
(26-07-2013, 06:02 AM)Lighty Wrote: [ -> ]09 plate, would be under the dash on the drivers side, you remove the under dash panel, and it's on the right about as far right as is possible.

Thanks for thatSmile

Hi Lighty.

I;ve removed fan motor and tested for a circuit and there appears to be no fault.
Where else should i look now.

I very much appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Chris.
[i]There is a resistor unit in the circuit, but it's location depends on the set up in the van. I would think if you follow the wires from the fan unit, they will lead you to the resistor, on your van it will prob be located in the airflow piping somewhere. Think they are about £28 for a new one
(26-07-2013, 04:10 PM)Lighty Wrote: [ -> ][i]There is a resistor unit in the circuit, but it's location depends on the set up in the van. I would think if you follow the wires from the fan unit, they will lead you to the resistor, on your van it will prob be located in the airflow piping somewhere. Think they are about £28 for a new one

Hi Lighty.

Further to this problem,Ive changed the resistor but its made no difference.
There must be a fuse or relay somewhere in the wiring.
Can anybody help?

Thanks

Chris
[/quote]

Hi Lighty.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Chris
[/quote]

Hi Chris,

I have had EXACTLY the same problem. Unfortunately, I could not identify any fuse or relay that controlled the fan (There are fuses in the passenger glovebox, engine bay, underneath the main fuse tray in the engine bay, and on the battery)

You can test the resistor and control circuit but putting a temporary fused supply directly onto the fan. The switch and speed control should still work, as there control the negative line.

In the end I had to run a new supply in from the battery, via a relay switched by the accessory socket.

Let me know how you get on, if you can find the problem, or need help in putting a new supply in.

Hi Lighty.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Chris
[/quote]

Hi Chris,

I have had EXACTLY the same problem. Unfortunately, I could not identify any fuse or relay that controlled the fan (There are fuses in the passenger glovebox, engine bay, underneath the main fuse tray in the engine bay, and on the battery)

You can test the resistor and control circuit but putting a temporary fused supply directly onto the fan. The switch and speed control should still work, as there control the negative line.

In the end I had to run a new supply in from the battery, via a relay switched by the accessory socket.

Let me know how you get on, if you can find the problem, or need help in putting a new supply in.
[/quote]

Thanks for that cascas.

Ill have a go the weekend and see what happens
Hi cascas/Lighty.

After a couple of hours,I finally found the faulty relay.

It appeared from behind the passenger side fuse board as though it had been placed there from a previous repair.
Its a 5 tag 25/30amp relay made by Omron but easily ordered from E-bay for a couple of pounds.
So end of saga and I hope anybody who has the same problem can refer to this for a quick fix instead of the hours its took me.
Thanks for everybodys help.

Chris:Big Grin
Pages: 1 2