Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Norway calling :-)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
Now I've been without an Citroên since 2009, today I signed for an new Berlingo Multispace 1.6 eHDi EMG. It's going into production in October, deliverance Oct-Nov.

Today we drive a `04 Opel (Vauxhall) Vectra C wagon "Elegance" auto, 205.000KMs (127.000M). A car fully loaded with nice stuff as AFL xenon-lights, leatherseats, sensors for this and that, but not as realiable as it used to be. Normally I would fix the most myself, but busy days prevents me staying in our garage for hours. So, I'm quite sure I'm not the first man to have a wife that "trumpet": Now we need a new car! End of discussion. Confusedillyme: Well, no big loss, the Vectra has done it's job as a reliable everyday freight-machine for both kids and bikes and shopping bags Confusedalut:

BTW "we" are me myself, my wife, 3 boys at 1, 3 and 6 years. And living in a house that constantly needs refurbishments, so car must also work as a van from time to time :-)
I have some health challenges, so my left leg would be better off with a clutch-less gearing in some shape.

Now when the "new" Berlingo also comes with EMG and also should be quite driveable during our slippery Norwegian winters, we descided quite quickly to get one. Its "cheap", its acceptable ecuipped both in security stuff and bits&bling-way Confusedanta: and it's able to accept 3 fast-growing kids with need for stuff like bikes, (roller)skates, etc etc. And stilll we can manage to get it into our rather small garage Confusedtudy:

About the car: Ill guess it is like other brand cars; standard and available equipment varies quite alot from GB and Norway.
Here there is not much extra to put on: "Comfort"-package, who is climacontrol, sunprotective windscreen, rainsensor and connection box. Its also possible to get NAV and its extra for some colours. And thats it!
My Vectra has a double A4-page just to describe the extra :whistle:
Now the Berlingo, as standard, comes with some bells&Whistle: ESP/ASR, electric folding mirrors, sliding doors both sides, LED in front, sentral lock, heated seats, foglight, park-sensors, cruise and speed-limiter, and finally Modutop with tinted side windows.
Now, my wife said I could choose whatever colour I wanted, as long as I took the black one. So whats ordered to Mrs President Confusedalut:
What I have not ordered at the stealer, is wheels and extra heater for wintertime. Reason why I call dealer a stealer? Well. £1.100 for cheapo wintertyres on 15" steelrims, and £1.100 for the heater-system. Tyres I'll get here, with premium quality Michelin nordic wintertyres in 195/60-16 on Enzo alurims. For £1.000,-... And heatersystem I can buy for £500 and mount within 2-3 hours. Included a couple of nice beers :thumbsup:
Still, I'm in need for some summer-tyres and maybe a front bar?
I have found some wheels:

[Image: pic_1_59.jpg]

but not sure what tyre I should select?? Any advice for some quality tyres who is brilliant in wet and low noise? 225/45-17 I belive is a OK size for the Berlingo?
What loadindex is it I need? 94?

Any advice for brand for front/side bars that is quality and rather small in "footprint"?

Any advice for tuning that is easily removable and not possible to find on service? Now it is 90HP, and for what I know it should be OK to tune this to 110HP without danger?

OK. All for now :-)
Hi & welcome.I hope you enjoy your new Berlingo.Someone will help with tyres & tuning,i just run mine standard.:thumbsup:
(23-09-2013, 07:22 PM)ron Wrote: [ -> ]Hi & welcome.I hope you enjoy your new Berlingo.Someone will help with tyres & tuning,i just run mine standard.:thumbsup:
Ron;
Thank You Smile Yes, looking forward to get a new Berlingo. Last time I bought a brand new car was in 1996, then a white Berlingo van 1.9 diesel. Nice and troublefree car for the 2 years I had it.

Just had a chat with my dealer. They are kind to offer me a used Berlingo for £200/month if I happens to sell our Vectra before we get the new one. A nice gesture :woop:
Hi fikse welcome to the forum looks like you have a good motor coming your way soon.
(24-09-2013, 07:12 AM)Tomcat3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi fikse welcome to the forum looks like you have a good motor coming your way soon.

Thank you Tomcat3 Smile
A very nice introduction fikse! I like your choice of wheels!! They'll look good on a black car.
I would not use one of the removable 'magic boxes' as their gains are questionable. If you have
a company called Quantum tuning in Norway then I would get them to tune it.
I know that they're in Sweden and Finland. It is very unlikely that a re-programed ECU would be
discovered at a service.

http://www.quantumtuning.co.uk/
Hei!

'fikse' = 'repair' (for those few members here that isn't fluent in Norwegian)

Why the AC?
It's not as if you'd need it more than 2 or 3 days every year... ;-)

Personally, I think red is a better colour than black, but then again, you won't have children singing 'Postman Pat' everywhere you go...

I can't see electrically HEATED mirrors on that list?
(Heating is more important than fold-away. )

With a bad leg, I think you'll find the high seats in the Berlingo a good help in getting in and out as you sit IN instead of down as in most cars.
Hello fikse welcome to the berlingo forum
Thank you Ol'Jeffers :-)
Well, I'll hope the "racing orange" colour will match the car pretty good Confusedunny:
OK, so we're into serious tuning, not the add-on boxes.

No Quantum here in Norway AFAIK, but there are alternatives, like Flissundet. They have done this for many years, and AFAIK they have first-hand knowledge in ECU-programming. They could electronically remove the EGR on my Vectra, and this was no standard operation on this specific engine: Even on the big forum vectra-c.com no-one knew of any tuningcompany offering this.

I have never considered tuning a diesel-car as all my cars have had "enough" power, but now with 90HP I'm seriously considering this.
So, on a standard-service they will not see this? Cool... :drool:

PS I had to remove the quoted text from your post Ol'Jeffers, to be allowed to post.... Something wrong with the forum's settings?

(24-09-2013, 02:51 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote: [ -> ]Hello fikse welcome to the berlingo forum

Thank you Jed Clampit :wave:

(24-09-2013, 11:47 AM)Gadgetman Wrote: [ -> ]Hei!

'fikse' = 'repair' (for those few members here that isn't fluent in Norwegian)

Why the AC?
It's not as if you'd need it more than 2 or 3 days every year... ;-)

Personally, I think red is a better colour than black, but then again, you won't have children singing 'Postman Pat' everywhere you go...

I can't see electrically HEATED mirrors on that list?
(Heating is more important than fold-away. )

With a bad leg, I think you'll find the high seats in the Berlingo a good help in getting in and out as you sit IN instead of down as in most cars.

Hi Gadgetman! My nickname here, is identical to my actual last name Confusedanta: So, of course my profession is service of technician Confusedtudy:

AC? Well, it's actually quite impossible to buy a new Berlingo without an AC, either manual or auto. Still, the auto-clima is one of several things in a package of stuff, called "comfort package". I've had AC/clima in all my cars since 2002, and would never be without anymore! The hot days is not so many here in Western Norway, but we have alot of moisture! Imagine 5 wet and warm persons and wet kindertrolley etc etc? Yep, AC is a must!
Regarding colour it is my Mrs President that is in charge of that department, and I could choose whatever colour I wanted, as long as I took the black one...
Regarding the mirrors I assume it is heated. I cannot find it mentioned anyplace, but hey, even my 1997 model Berlingo had this Smile
On the mk2 heated mirrors were part of the Desire spec & I think they come on with the HRW.