Berlingo Forum

Full Version: De-SORNed and on the Road
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yep, November 2nd the old bus goes back into service after a fourteen month hiatus. I've been through it almost top to bottom, and while I'd have preferred the budget/time for a few more extras it will do just fine.

Fingers crossed the clutch and gearbox behave - they're the untouched elements! Other things not currently renewed, I have a good handle on state of wear so they may be addressed in a timely manner.

May spring for personalised plates - got my eye on MZL70V (for those who remember Fiddler on the Roof) - "A blessing on your head"... It's a $190 luxury, so not set in stone.

The Xantia estate will then become the project car, as it needs a whole new side grafting on.
Great idea for a customised plate.
Time is tight! :twisted:

Inspection scheduled for November 1st, reckon I'll be bleeding brakes the night before. Most other aspects are on track. Rear beam this week, wishbones and drop links next week. I'm finishing the bodywork shine-up over evenings, working two hours from five PM.
Knowing your abilities,it will fly through.:thumbsup:
It bloody better! I'm taking it to a testing station 300 miles away.
WOW !
I didn't go that far on holiday Big Grin
A few snags; I am going to be almost a week without Freddy Berlingo. Sad

(That's Freddy as in "Ready, Freddie?" from Crazy Little Thing Called Love but the spelling altered to honour a former commercial landlord who was a good bloke - unlike most landlords.)

Still on the jobsheet: Driver's door window clips and trim, finish fitment of external temp sender. PAS pressure sensor has rejected its O-ring. Rear tyres rubbing on inner guards, need 3mm spacers. Clean and wax scuttle for wiper motor refitting. Couple of exterior trim strips to reattach. A doddle, save for the fact of my Xantia running out of tax/MOT tomorrow and needing to be mothballed before repairs commence on it.
Unbelieveable! It's still SORNed. Blame it on holidays, workload and everything inbetween.

Should be sorted for this week, working out the back of the Alfa is not cool.
Hello addo long time no see you'll soon have Freddy on the road will we get some pics
Getting closer!

Have been undertaking some necessary tests to determine its readiness for re-roading. :whistle: Everything is sorted, bar the Parrot update (won't talk to my handset without a firmware upgrade). I LOVE the retrofitted Xantia driver's seat; it makes the seat higher and the steering wheel angle feel more like an early MPV but so comfy!

Can't live without "condamnation centralisée" though - it's a priority.

Expect to be sorted Thursday morning, barring the private plate.
Pages: 1 2