Berlingo Forum

Full Version: Identify engine and gearbox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all. How do I identify which engine and gearbox I have?

Jan 2003 ( 52 reg ) 1.9 Diesel Van.

I am about to commence an epic 'rebuild'. Replacement gearbox, clutch, thrust bearing and pressure plate, cambelt, water pump, alternator/ps pump belt and an oil and filter change.

Might need a tailpiece to the exhaust and brake pads too. Depending on the engine Id I may need a crankshaft pulley I suspect as something down there is making one hell of a racket!

Anything else i should consider while I'm at it?

:eek:
Replace the cambelt idler pulleys as well.As far as identification goes,if the eng/trans is all original,reg or V.I.N. should be enough for obtaining spares.As a tip,try GSF for parts,I've found them good.:thumbsup:
Thanks for that but I'm looking for a recon or used gearbox so I need to know what I'm looking for so a part number would be great.

Ordered a workshop manual on disk so hopefully that will be helpful.

Added idler pulleys to the list!
[attachment=1362]Look for the gearbox ID code, it's etched usually on the front or top of the box, there is a short code (which you want) followed by a unit serial. In the example shown the ID is 20CD74.