Berlingo Forum
Clanking Brake Pedal Solved At Last! - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: B9 Second Generation (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Clanking Brake Pedal Solved At Last! (/thread-12227.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Clanking Brake Pedal Solved At Last! - Dino - 05-09-2015

Gollycrush! Sorry I don't have the TSB number! I called Citroen Vantage in Morecombe and they gave me the number! Sadly I threw the paper it was written on after speaking to Citroen Birmingham!

RE: Clanking Brake Pedal Solved At Last! - Gollycrush - 05-09-2015

Dino, no worries, thanks anyway.

RE: Clanking Brake Pedal Solved At Last! - jayjay2cv - 08-09-2015

Bad news guys! Sad
My clanking brake pedal is back! The mod cured it for about 3 weeks, but I was out in it today and the noise is back. I can't be bothered to take it back again, so will just live with it along with all the other little rattles that are appearing after 7000 miles! Sorry to have given you all false hope!!

RE: Clanking Brake Pedal Solved At Last! - Dino - 16-09-2015

Jayjay! I had mine upgraded yesterday after using the technical service bulletin you mentioned! I even spoke to your dealer initially who were very helpful and they gave me all the information which I passed onto my dealer in Birmingham! The clanking noise has gone 100% although I'm now worried after you have now posted that your noise is back after 3 weeks. I'll have to see how I get on! Also not sure if you have the facelift model which was released in July.....the plastic grill intake just below the CITROEN chevron logo is starting to warp with the engine heat coming from the radiator area! Can't believe how poor the quality is on a brand new van! I have a contract hire deal for 24 months. I'm so tempted to see how I can return the van as at £322 per month it's joke! Fingers crossed now!

RE: Clanking Brake Pedal Solved At Last! - jayjay2cv - 24-09-2015

Just an update - mine is going back in again next week to have the brake pedal noise looked at again, so I will keep you updated. Fingers crossed!

RE: Clanking Brake Pedal Solved At Last! - Mr_T - 20-01-2016

Hi Guys

I think the bulletin no you are after is B3FW011RQ0.

I got this from Citroen's website and the attached picture clearly shows this problem in the documentation section.

By all means print the picture off and show it to your dealer.

RE: Clanking Brake Pedal Solved At Last! - Gollycrush - 23-01-2016

(20-01-2016, 03:56 PM)Mr_T Wrote:  Hi Guys

I think the bulletin no you are after is B3FW011RQ0.

I got this from Citroen's website and the attached picture clearly shows this problem in the documentation section.

By all means print the picture off and show it to your dealer.

Thanks to Mr T.  Has anyone quoted or shown their Citroen dealer this bulletin information, if so what was the outcome ?

RE: Clanking Brake Pedal Solved At Last! - rickandbev16 - 16-01-2017

(19-08-2015, 08:52 PM)jayjay2cv Wrote:  Hi guys, well my car has finally been in today for the modification to the brake pipes to stop the clanking brake pedal noise which seems to affect a lot of 2014/2015 Berlingos on this forum.
The fix from Citroen Uk was to fit modified brake pipes as per a Citroen Technical Service Bulletin, which have been on order since the end of June.
It's great, when you press the brake pedal and let go again, all you hear now is silence, and not that awful clanking noise!

Hi - Yes just had my B9 Blingo done as well. Clang is gone but now I have like a "buzz" noise when I depress the pedal. 
The dealership tell me this will go in time, it is just the parts bedding in. 
Does anyone know how we get from brake pipe to clang in the first place ???
From Richard in Leeds

RE: Clanking Brake Pedal Solved At Last! - Trickiedickie - 27-03-2018

Hi. Mines a Peugeot Partner Tepee Active.

It was first registered on 31st march 2016 but from the codes on the bodywork it might have been manufactured in June 2015. Wow!

It has only done 3000 miles and has got the dreaded clang.

Has anybody truly worked out what's going wrong. I mean the clang doesn't really sound like a brake pipe problem. It sounds more like something is loose on the pedal box linkage.

I notice the clanging noise will appear even when the brake pedal is pressed gently and allowed to return. If one pumps the pedal so it becomes firmer the clang is much less noticeable.

I suspect some kind of free play in the linkage?