Berlingo Forum
Youngest Berlingo owner ever? - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Introductions, Feedback & Site Rules, & General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Youngest Berlingo owner ever? (/thread-1279.html)

Youngest Berlingo owner ever? - jstar - 08-09-2011

Hey guys! I just picked up my new berlingo yesterday Big Grin 55 reg forte multispace in blue. Already upgraded head unit to a pioneer, sounds good - but issues with it staying on for like a minute or so after turning car off and locking it, solutions? (I've seen some guides, but I get confused easily - so could some one put it a lil simpler? haha) Oh and I reckon I may be one of the youngest berlingo owners here... I'm 18!

Also - any way to change the colour bulbs behind the dials etc, atm is orange and really want them to be blue!

Thanks guys Big Grin

RE: Youngest Berlingo owner ever? - Coco - 08-09-2011

Hello & welcome, nice to see that you've started young.

As regards the radio, the simplest solution seems to be to take the +ve supply from the lighter socket.

The instrument cluster is illuminated by LED's which are surface mount soldered into the panel. It is possible to remove & replace them but you need a fine soldering iron and a VERY steady hand to do it - I chickened out !!!! If you want to go ahead I can send you a link for further information.

RE: Youngest Berlingo owner ever? - BlueBlingo - 08-09-2011

Hi jstar
Welcome to the forum.
You`re 18 with a Berlingo

I`m 54 & just had a "sponsored hair perm" in aid of Bluebell Wood Childrens Hospice went the whole hog and had No12 Blonde Highlights Smile
[/quote]

RE: Youngest Berlingo owner ever? - Wavin - 08-09-2011

Hate to burst your bubble, but im 17, and had it since i was 16, and bought with my own pound notes Big Grin

RE: Youngest Berlingo owner ever? - tucker - 08-09-2011

You don't need to take a live feed from anywhere else for your head unit.

Mine is a Pioneer DEH 4300 and works perfect. The 'live' you are currently using is the eco live, which dies a minute or so after the key is removed, so the pre-sets are lost. It doesn't turn on and off with the ignition. It then comes live again when the doors are open. You need to use the proper 'live' feed.

I swapped the number 4 with the number 6 as 6 is a 'true' switched live feed that normally becomes redundant with and ISO adaptor. Number 4 is of no use at all, so use 6 for your live. No need to feed off anything else or the electric windows, there's a live feed there already.

Welcome!!

RE: Youngest Berlingo owner ever? - jstar - 10-09-2011

Thanks tuck, will give it a go!

BTW anyone know any decent 10cm speakers to go in rear? Uprated fronts to aplines, but the magnets on the 10's were too big to fit the gap - and dont fancy taking the angle grinder to the berlingo just yet!

And wavin I'm impressed !

RE: Youngest Berlingo owner ever? - tucker - 18-09-2011

I upgraded the rear speakers and yes the magnets are too big for the existing screws. I found some longer screws and they went in without hacking the fittings to bits.

I't's a tight squeeze putting the cover back, but it goes on.

RE: Youngest Berlingo owner ever? - steve valentine - 18-09-2011

I upgraded mine and cut out so they could fit in better, afterall, no cuts are seen due to the speaker grille