Berlingo Forum
chocking and reeving - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: M59 Berlingo (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: chocking and reeving (/thread-13033.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

chocking and reeving - voovoo - 31-01-2016

Hello everyone, i  need help (yes i know dont we all) 

My beautiful Berlingo multispace forte 07 plates stalled last week on a straight line, engine light came on and when i started up the engine again it was chocking and when i put in gear and gently put foot on accelerator the engine went nut revving staying above 30 without any pressure on any pedals. Recovery said take slowly to garage, which i did
Now the mechanics are puzzled as changed sensor thing and made no difference, unit tested and working fine. the car is starting fine but then starts chocking and revving up. garage said will change throttle and if that doesnt work then give up. any idea on this 
the code at the side of the road was the same with recovery and garage but different the day after. 
Thank you so much, i cant think of anything worse than give up on my gorgeous car

chocking and reeving - Tree - 31-01-2016

Petrol or diesel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: chocking and reeving - Jed Clampit - 31-01-2016

Hello voovoo Smile abit more info would help what engine fuel and so on the fault code would help now taking a guess so don't hold it to me if it a 1.6 hdi oil may be leaking from the turbo getting pulled in to the engine and it's running on the oil but as i said more info please and we may be able to help you. Smile

RE: chocking and reeving - geoff - 31-01-2016

Sorry but is " chocking and reeving " part of your local vernacula ?? Can someone translate please.

RE: chocking and reeving - voovoo - 31-01-2016

(31-01-2016, 08:39 PM)Tree Wrote:  Petrol or diesel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its petrol and 1.4 

Merci Smile

RE: chocking and reeving - Jed Clampit - 31-01-2016

Choking i think a lot of smoke out the rear end ?? revving the engine over running on it's own that's my interpretation .??

(31-01-2016, 08:44 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Hello voovoo Smile abit more info would help what engine fuel and so on the fault code would help now taking a guess so don't hold it to me if it a 1.6 hdi oil may be leaking from the turbo getting pulled in to the engine and it's running on the oil but as i said more info please and we may be able to help you. Smile

Well Jed, thank you for your guessing but its a petrol 1.4 no turbo for me i'm afraid

Now Mr Greenflag's writing is as clear as my dog's writing but what i can make out is po6an or could be pogar (does this even make sense??) 
i'm afraid i dont have the code from garage. 
So what is it doctor?  Huh

(31-01-2016, 08:52 PM)geoff Wrote:  Sorry but is " chocking and reeving " part of your local vernacula ??  Can someone translate please.

This is my human (yes what i really mean is woman) interpretation of what the car was doing. 

vernacula :0

RE: chocking and reeving - Rustscrat - 31-01-2016

Have you over filled oil? What about trying some fresh fuel?  Confused

RE: chocking and reeving - Col - 31-01-2016

(31-01-2016, 09:04 PM)voovoo Wrote:  
(31-01-2016, 08:44 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Hello voovoo Smile abit more info would help what engine fuel and so on the fault code would help now taking a guess so don't hold it to me if it a 1.6 hdi oil may be leaking from the turbo getting pulled in to the engine and it's running on the oil but as i said more info please and we may be able to help you. Smile

Well Jed, thank you for your guessing but its a petrol 1.4 no turbo for me i'm afraid

Now Mr Greenflag's writing is as clear as my dog's writing but what i can make out is po6an or could be pogar (does this even make sense??) 
i'm afraid i dont have the code from garage. 
So what is it doctor?  Huh

Should be "P" and 4 numbers. Maybe P064?