Berlingo Forum
Speedo/milometer fault - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: M59 Berlingo (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: Speedo/milometer fault (/thread-13142.html)

Pages: 1 2

Speedo/milometer fault - Gixxerguyk8 - 24-02-2016

Hi my 2003 Berlingo Forte HDi has what seems to be a common issue the speedo/milometer not working
The speed sensor has been replaced TWICE and not cured the issue
An auto electrician has investigated but can not find the issue saying there was no wiring breaks and no powe fault to the binnacle- revs/temp/fuel all work ok
He suggested possible ECU/BSI but not sure as from what I understand if this is faulty it causes issues with lights wipers locking all playing up- all are fine except the remote locking no longer works via remote- (key battery been replaced)

I have tried the BSI reset procedure to the letter several times but as locking only works on key not remote now am not sure if this an effect- the remote was working but suddenly stopped

I purchased a working ECU/BSI/lock set and fitted- car started but still no speedo! I have replaced with original again. Is the immobiliser ring on the steering colum also the receiver for the remote key

In summary speedo/milometer not working plus c/l only operates on key 
 CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE! Out of ideas now

RE: Speedo/milometer fault - brodfather11 - 24-02-2016

Hi,
      If you don't have c/locking by remote just ignore that part and lock with key.

Put the driver's window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all equipment is switched off.
Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the ignition.
Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait 15 seconds.
Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do not open doors.).
Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
Switch on the ignition and check system's functionality.
Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
Remove key open & close door test central locking system.
Start the engine and complete the system's check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many BSI related items.

RE: Speedo/milometer fault - V6BOY - 27-02-2016

When you put the new BSI and ECU did everything else still work alright?

RE: Speedo/milometer fault - ians_lingo - 27-02-2016

Hi
Don't know if this is fitted to your model,I know it's on my 08 plate 1.6hdi and also on some other engines,petrol etc, my Speedo and mileometer stopped,everything else worked fine,took a week to get into the garage as I'm a courier,sometimes it'd run as if no turbo but 80% of the time it ran fine,turned out to be a small plastic sensor that just twists and plugs in to the gearbox at the lower/back, easy on a ramp,nothing to remove but the undertray,worth checking I reckon,Need a Lingo whizz to confirm, Citroen dealer had lots in stock as it's something that goes regular he said..... picture below hopefully.
Could be worth having a look and seeing if ones fitted,as said,everything worked fine,didn't need to do the re-set thing and if it hadn't been for the 2000+ miles i do in w week the turbo issue wouldn't have been noticed on short runs,just a thought mate :-).

[Image: a%20switch_zpshoinrepm.jpg]

it was around £20 from the dealer....Ian. apologies if this is what you've changed already. :-)

RE: Speedo/milometer fault - Gixxerguyk8 - 01-06-2016

Hi have tried the reset procedure a few times to no avail
The replacement BSi/ecu was same and yes everything else still worked
I may look see if has that plastic sensor fitted to it

RE: Speedo/milometer fault - Gixxerguyk8 - 01-06-2016

I assume that's what was replaced twice by 2 different places

RE: Speedo/milometer fault - dumdum - 01-06-2016

Does it have abs? And is it the later comm unit style stalks which are approx 30mm in diameter and rounded ends vs early ones that are thinner and square ended?

RE: Speedo/milometer fault - Gixxerguyk8 - 02-06-2016

No it's Forte model no ABS the stalks were replaced not long before had it as I used to know previous owner a mechanic- was new part from Citroen as most used items had front fogs in switch but mine has only rear fogs

RE: Speedo/milometer fault - Gixxerguyk8 - 02-06-2016

Also forget to say is the facelift 2002 (53 reg) and according to Citroen the build date was 6/3/03

RE: Speedo/milometer fault - Par8165 - 23-08-2016

(02-06-2016, 12:27 PM)Gixxerguyk8 Wrote:  Also forget to say is the facelift 2002 (53 reg) and according to Citroen the build date was 6/3/03

Did we have a fix for this problem? Thanks guys