Berlingo Forum
New berlingo- which engine to go for? - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: New berlingo- which engine to go for? (/thread-13895.html)

Pages: 1 2

New berlingo- which engine to go for? - willgotthepower - 12-07-2016

hi guys,

i would really appreciate your opinion on the current line up of berlingo engines. i visited my dealer today and he had a 850 pay load 1.6 hdi 90 in the showroom and I've got the price down to £12k inc vat. Ive read a bit about the turbo problems associated with the 1.6 diesel but with a 3 year warranty and if i take out the servicing plan which is £299 i should be able to get it serviced on time every year and if i did have a turbo problem within the first 3 years it would be covered? or do i look at the same van but with the euro 6 engine with either 100 or 120ps? these have the add blue tank which i have on my car which can be a faff to keep refilling but might be more reliable than the 1.6hdi? If it was you would you buy the older engine or the latest engine? both are the brand new most current model available from the showroom just different engines. oh and the one i described above is black with electric foldable mirrors. many thanks in advance...will

RE: New berlingo- which engine to go for? - polar - 12-07-2016

It was only early 1.6hdi that had problems all sorted now by design/oil - sounds a good price just buy the one that is the best deal for you.

RE: New berlingo- which engine to go for? - willgotthepower - 12-07-2016

(12-07-2016, 06:55 PM)polar Wrote:  It was only early 1.6hdi that had problems all sorted now by design/oil - sounds a good price just buy the one that is the best deal for you.

oh really? so is the 1.6hdi 90 generally considered to be an ok engine now the issues have been sorted? Just to recap the model I'm looking at is the berlingo panel van 1.6hdi 90 enterprise spec 

many thanks...

No worries very good engine

they are fitted by BMW, Suzuki, Peugeot, Ford and some others i have forgotten. I have read that it is more a Ford engine than Citroen but i don't believe that as its a ver good engine lol

RE: New berlingo- which engine to go for? - willgotthepower - 12-07-2016

i was not going to buy the van based on the negative issues i saw on the internet regarding the turbos etc. everything else was great about the van so maybe il reconsider now! Don't suppose you know if the 850 payload has any negative impact on the drive over the 650 payload? i presume the 850 has stiffer springs? thanks for you help...

I believe it does have stiffer suspension but the ride in the Berlingos is very good anyway so i suspect you will be fine.

Dont believe all you read on the internet or what you hear from so called mechanics lol

Like i once read - if the 1.6hdi is a crap engine then why are there loads of them on the road the way people go on about them you would expect to see one blown up on every street corner lol

RE: New berlingo- which engine to go for? - andy-M - 13-07-2016

1.6 hdi current production is reliable engine nothing specific to worry about
Forget about 1.6 petrol with turbo .. citroen said it's improved but forums (ford ,mini, citroen) say different

Wysłane z mojego SM-G925F przy użyciu Tapatalka

RE: New berlingo- which engine to go for? - Shallot - 14-07-2016

I've just got a 1.6 Feel 99bhp and its got more than enough power to shift stuff around. It can be a bit sluggish when setting off but flies once up to speed

Pretty good on diesel too despite me being heavy footed sometimes

I plan to tow my caravan with it and can't see there being any issues

RE: New berlingo- which engine to go for? - Solent - 17-09-2016

I wonder if the Multispace, or van come to that, will get the 3 cyl PureTech 130 bhp petrol engine that is becoming available in the C4 and other models.

Maybe not suitable for the high-milers, but for low miles use and the leveling of road fund licence rates next year it could be worth looking at. No DPF, ad-blue problems etc.

My wife has a C3 with the non-turbo 3 cylinder engine and its a cracking little motor.