Berlingo Forum
Enterprise Touch Screen removal - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Tuning and Styling (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: Enterprise Touch Screen removal (/thread-15132.html)

Pages: 1 2

Enterprise Touch Screen removal - Graywires - 26-02-2017

Hi all, this is my first ever post. I just got my brand new Berlingo Enterprise with the touch screen head unit.
I was wondering has anyone removed it , and is it posdible to add rear speakers , camera or even hack the mirrorlink to display the full phone.
Any info would be great.

RE: Enterprise Touch Screen removal - bulldozer - 13-03-2017

Hey graywires ,
I am here looking for the same info I bought a new Berlingo enterprise , this mirrorlink seems to be complete rubbish , have tried HTC and samsung s7 , the htc worked with "certified" mirrorlink apps , cant use google maps only this Sygic maps ,
The samsung S7 the screen shuts down on the phone as soon as you plug in the USB for the headunit making the phone unusable , and no screen displayed on the headunit .
I would like to take out the headunit and drop it in a trashcan and fit an android auto compatible one.
If anyone has info how to remove the head unit it would be great

RE: Enterprise Touch Screen removal - Brixmis7 - 08-06-2020

(13-03-2017, 08:33 PM)bulldozer Wrote:  Hey graywires ,
I am here looking for the same info I bought a new Berlingo enterprise , this mirrorlink seems to be complete rubbish , have tried HTC and samsung s7 , the htc worked with "certified" mirrorlink apps , cant use google maps only this Sygic maps ,
The samsung S7 the screen shuts down on the phone as soon as you plug in the USB for the headunit making the phone unusable , and no screen displayed on the headunit .
I would like to take out the headunit and drop it in a trashcan and fit an android auto compatible one.
If anyone has info how to remove the head unit it would be great

Hi, did you find out how to get the touch screen out? 

Thanks..

RE: Enterprise Touch Screen removal - Sol - 08-06-2020

I think like the regular stereo, you only need a set of spike keys to insert into the holes, and it will pull forward. Remember if you take it out, you lose the ability to set the clock, navigate settings menus, see and hear the reverse parking radar info etc unless you buy (the rather expensive) connect interface on ebay or similar (<£100) to re-enable the right hand control stick and some other functionality you lost. Not sure if it all comes back with the control stick interface, I think you need a connects2 one to get the parking beeper back but with no display of range or position.

As mine is a van with steel rear doors, I really need the parking radar so that put me off fitting a double din android stereo, though I would really like to do so. I might do it yet but fit a camera instead and get a head unit with the camera input.

RE: Enterprise Touch Screen removal - Brixmis7 - 08-06-2020

FFS, as they say in the army, time is seldom wasted on a recce Smile Thanks again.....

RE: Enterprise Touch Screen removal - Sol - 09-06-2020

You're welcome buddy. Why they integrated the entire vehicle information system, parking radar and all in the stereo, still astounds me. I understand that the vehicle is entirely CANBUS controlled (Controller Area Network) and that's a good thing (connected network for everything) but making the stereo a main player for the whole vehicle - no.

You can of course fit an aftermarket one, and there may be some offering out there that maintains the Citroen or Peugeot CANBUS functions to replicate the original one, but I bet it's £400 if you can find one. There are as I said, some adaptor interfaces available to retain most if not all functions at around £100 on top of the new stereo cost.

That said, your OEM touchscreen unit is worth £250 on eBay, all day long. If I ever decided to go down that route, I'd have to swap rear view camera for parking radar, and I guess I'd be happy enough as long as the things I use worked.

You see I use the Bluetooth phone function all the time, and a press on the left stick end (indicator stalk) brings up voice control for my phone, I can then say "call Dave" etc to which it duly responds. The right audio stick, press the end button for a few secs to bring up the phone book, press once on it during a call to end the call or to accept a call coming in, and pressing both rear volume buttons briefly, mutes the stereo. (Handy since some genius decided to hide the play / pause button for the CD function...at least I've never found that yet)

I'd miss that stuff.

RE: Enterprise Touch Screen removal - Brixmis7 - 09-06-2020

(09-06-2020, 06:41 AM)Zion Wrote:  You're welcome buddy. Why they integrated the entire vehicle information system, parking radar and all in the stereo, still astounds me. I understand that the vehicle is entirely CANBUS controlled (Controller Area Network) and that's a good thing (connected network for everything) but making the stereo a main player for the whole vehicle - no.

You can of course fit an aftermarket one, and there may be some offering out there that maintains the Citroen or Peugeot CANBUS functions to replicate the original one, but I bet it's £400 if you can find one. There are as I said, some adaptor interfaces available to retain most if not all functions at around £100 on top of the new stereo cost.

That said, your OEM touchscreen unit is worth £250 on eBay, all day long. If I ever decided to go down that route, I'd have to swap rear view camera for parking radar, and I guess I'd be happy enough as long as the things I use worked.

You see I use the Bluetooth phone function all the time, and a press on the left stick end (indicator stalk) brings up voice control for my phone, I can then say "call Dave" etc to which it duly responds. The right audio stick, press the end button for a few secs to bring up the phone book, press once on it during a call to end the call or to accept a call coming in, and pressing both rear volume buttons briefly, mutes the stereo. (Handy since some genius decided to hide the play / pause button for the CD function...at least I've never found that yet)

I'd miss that stuff.

I think you have just saved me a lot of cash and headaches. As a kid, the Morris 1100 was a modern car and a Minivan still had a starter button. Now I have a Muity, I keep getting the urge to polish my spanners. It must be an age thing :Smile  Thanks again for all your guidance  and please keep up the good work. Regards Ray

RE: Enterprise Touch Screen removal - Shane04 - 09-07-2020

(09-06-2020, 07:51 AM)Brixmis7 Wrote:  
(09-06-2020, 06:41 AM)Zion Wrote:  You're welcome buddy. Why they integrated the entire vehicle information system, parking radar and all in the stereo, still astounds me. I understand that the vehicle is entirely CANBUS controlled (Controller Area Network) and that's a good thing (connected network for everything) but making the stereo a main player for the whole vehicle - no.

I'd miss that stuff.

I think you have just saved me a lot of cash and headaches. As a kid, the Morris 1100 was a modern car and a Minivan still had a starter button. Now I have a Muity, I keep getting the urge to polish my spanners. It must be an age thing :Smile  Thanks again for all your guidance  and please keep up the good work. Regards Ray
Hi guys,

I recently upgraded from a 2014 Berlingo XTR to a 2018 Partner Tepee Outdoor (due to the new London ULEZ).  In my Berlingo I swapped out the single DIN radio for a Pioneer double DIN with reversing camera, using a Connect2 adaptor.  Everything went fine, still had the small digital readout on the dash for fuel consumption, parking sensors worked fine etc.

Now I've just removed the touch screen unit from the 2018 Tepee and replaced it with a double DIN pioneer unit using a Connect2 adaptor (CTSPG013), I'm having a few teething issues but so far the stereo & reversing camera work fine, as does the parking sensors audible beeps (no display though, but this was obviously expected).  I'm replacing some of the trim panels on top of the stereo with different model ones as the touch screen unit protruded above the dashboard to house the volume, menu buttons & MP3 port.  I'm hoping to also install a small digital screen off a different model & hoping my fuel economy & distance readings will come back as I think (guess) the wiring loom may be the same, or similar on all models.  I've attached a pic to hopefully show what I'm trying to explain.

Some other issues that I'm yet to look into are:
1. engine light has come on
2. the "auto" light is flashing above the gear readout on dash (it's an auto)

Anyone had experience with any of this?

Cheers, Shane

RE: Enterprise Touch Screen removal - Sol - 12-07-2020

You may need to get a Lexia interface to un-program the original stereo from the BSI, I've never had to look at that but it would have been coded to the cars VIN originally. As it was a CAN bus slave, the ECU or BSI has likely noticed it's missing now. With Lexia DiagBox you may be able to find out why the auto light is flashing.

RE: Enterprise Touch Screen removal - 10louie01 - 09-02-2022

[attachment=6999 Wrote:Graywires pid='97650' dateline='1488137055']Hi all, this is my first ever post. I just got my brand new Berlingo Enterprise with the touch screen head unit.
I was wondering has anyone removed it , and is it posdible to add rear speakers , camera or even hack the mirrorlink to display the full phone.
Any info would be great.

Hi i found this step by step as i was in need of getting mine out for a better component system install hope this helps.
See attached picture
[attachment=7005]

Cheers