Berlingo Forum
2018 Berlingo Radio Won't Switch Off. - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: K9 Third Generation (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-57.html)
+--- Thread: 2018 Berlingo Radio Won't Switch Off. (/thread-16741.html)

Pages: 1 2

2018 Berlingo Radio Won't Switch Off. - Motability_Berlingo - 20-03-2018

Hi there.

I'm new to this forum (and to the Berlingo). I got my brand new Berlingo about 2 weeks ago and every time I get in the car and put the key in the radio comes on. Even if its turned down to 0 before turning off last time.

Its not the normal PSA radio that most have had, but a touch screen - See photo.

Its incredibly annoying! 

I have spoken with Citroen and they have said they don't know (both the dealer and the Citroen customer services phone line). 

Any help would be great. 

Thanks in advance.

J.

2018 Berlingo Radio Won't Switch Off. - Tree - 21-03-2018

(20-03-2018, 09:25 PM)Motability_Berlingo Wrote:  Hi there.

I'm new to this forum (and to the Berlingo). I got my brand new Berlingo about 2 weeks ago and every time I get in the car and put the key in the radio comes on. Even if its turned down to 0 before turning off last time.

Its not the normal PSA radio that most have had, but a touch screen - See photo.

Its incredibly annoying! 

I have spoken with Citroen and they have said they don't know (both the dealer and the Citroen customer services phone line). 

Any help would be great. 

Thanks in advance.

J.

Press both vol+ and vol- at the same time to mute. This should work. The radio always remains live as the unit isn’t a radio but a media centre and car computer. It’s works in mine and so far as I know I have the latest software installed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: 2018 Berlingo Radio Won't Switch Off. - Johny555 - 21-03-2018

Mines the same,like tree said you can mute it

RE: 2018 Berlingo Radio Won't Switch Off. - Motability_Berlingo - 21-03-2018

(21-03-2018, 09:58 AM)Johny555 Wrote:  Mines the same,like tree said you can mute it

Thank you both.

Does it stay in mute mode when you turn the ignition off then on again? Or does it reset each time?

Thanks again!

RE: 2018 Berlingo Radio Won't Switch Off. - Johny555 - 22-03-2018

Mine stays mute until I press it again

RE: 2018 Berlingo Radio Won't Switch Off. - Motability_Berlingo - 22-03-2018

Yep. I muted it last night and this morning it was still muted. I have also told my local Citroen garage as they had no idea.
Thank you all so much!!
You have saved me from a lot of swearing at it!

RE: 2018 Berlingo Radio Won't Switch Off. - BertietheBerlingo - 11-11-2018

Have just bought a 2016 Berlingo and had the same problem, it was driving me crazy - thanks guys for the solution.

RE: 2018 Berlingo Radio Won't Switch Off. - Kat - 08-05-2019

I also found this inability not to be able to switch off the radio really irritating. Thanks for this information. Very helpful. Shame you can't turn the screen off easily as it is quite bright on a night!

RE: 2018 Berlingo Radio Won't Switch Off. - Tree - 09-05-2019

(08-05-2019, 09:30 PM)Kat Wrote:  I also found this inability not to be able to switch off the radio really irritating. Thanks for this information. Very helpful. Shame you can't turn the screen off easily as it is quite bright on a night!

you can adjust the screen brightness in the settings menu

RE: 2018 Berlingo Radio Won't Switch Off. - Alan22 - 18-10-2019

There is a ‘dark’ mode in settings which turns screen off Smile