Berlingo Forum
Air Conditions not working right 2012 - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: B9 Second Generation (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Air Conditions not working right 2012 (/thread-17290.html)

Pages: 1 2

Air Conditions not working right 2012 - danieldemain - 10-08-2018

Hi All
I have problems with the wives 62 reg Berlingo air con not working right, I have had it recharged showing 7 bars on Lexia compressor working ok. Blowing warm air through passenger side air vents cool air through the drivers side, I have checked the flaps are working ok hot/cold flap ok. The engine fan is running at what seems half speed I have ordered the resistor for the cooling fan just incase that's the problem. Any ideas what the problem could be and solutions would be appreciated I have changed the pollen filters so it aint them thats blocked.
Cheers for any answers to my problem.

RE: Air Conditions not working right 2012 - Lighty - 10-08-2018

Difficult to diagnose from here, but could be that the compressor is simply not doing it’s job.
You need to compare the high & low side pressures, I have seen these fail to make the system cold, when they appear to be working ok.
If you can get it on an a/c machine, you should be seeing 30 psi on the low side & at least 150 psi on the high.

RE: Air Conditions not working right 2012 - jj9 - 10-08-2018

When you say it's blowing cool air at drivers side do you mean the AC is working and coming out of the drives side as it should?

Does the car have climate control where you can set different temperatures on each side?

RE: Air Conditions not working right 2012 - danieldemain - 10-08-2018

(10-08-2018, 07:28 PM)jj9 Wrote:  When you say it's blowing cool air at drivers side do you mean the AC is working and coming out of the drives side as it should?

Does the car have climate control where you can set different temperatures on each side?

The car does not have climate control the drivers side is cool air not cold the passengers side is warm but not hot. Weird I know. I have drove the car tonight and its still the same obviously the weather is cooler so the air coming out is slightly cooler. I have a Citroen C3 Picasso the cooling fan at full speed runs when hot outside but the Berlingo only seems to run at 1/2 speed I have had my lexis on it and everything seems ok.

RE: Air Conditions not working right 2012 - jj9 - 10-08-2018

I asked as I know some cars with climate control have mixer motors which sometimes don't close 100% so still let some warm air through.

Best follow Lighty's advice and get that checked.

RE: Air Conditions not working right 2012 - ffrenchie - 11-08-2018

Quote:Hi All
I have problems with the wives 62 reg Berlingo air con not working right

How many wives do you have ? I think that's your first problem Big Grin It could be the flaps inside the heater not closing the warm air duct off, are the controls stiff ?

RE: Air Conditions not working right 2012 - danieldemain - 11-08-2018

(11-08-2018, 09:03 AM)ffrenchie Wrote:  
Quote:Hi All
I have problems with the wives 62 reg Berlingo air con not working right

How many wives do you have ? I think that's your first problem Big Grin It could be the flaps inside the heater not closing the warm air duct off, are the controls stiff ?

Hi
The cable moves smoothly and goes to the passenger side I have taken the cover off and the flap moves upward to close the heater side off.

RE: Air Conditions not working right 2012 - Luis Rosa - 13-08-2018

I had this problem before in my Partner tepee and in a PUG 307, both different to sort out.

In the tepee, the a/c was just empty, running on very low amounts of gas, but still running. this made it that the right-had-side of the internal radiator acumulated cold gas (hence it was cold on the right side), and the left hand side had no gas because it accumulated on the right side, near the radiator exit. In this case it was sorted by replacing the schrader valves of both high and low pressure lines of the system (the valves used for filling the system, under the bonnet). The valves teflon seals were completely shrunk, and a new pair of valves together with a gas charge sorted it out.

In the 307, I had a dual temperature auto-ac system, and there it was a problem with the plastic cogs that connected the flap motors to the flaps. I had to replace the cogs with a kit that Peugeot made available, and it was also sorted. But before fixing it I had to do a big trip of 2800km with the system stuck on warm on my side...

RE: Air Conditions not working right 2012 - rayisbliss5 - 15-12-2018

try changing the GREEN BOX relay . its under glove box, its black blown, happened to mine

RE: Air Conditions not working right 2012 - dumdum - 15-12-2018

(15-12-2018, 05:48 PM)rayisbliss5 Wrote:  try changing the GREEN BOX relay . its under glove box, its black blown, happened to mine

That stops the blower working full stop, this will not cause his issue bud