Berlingo Forum
Hi new on here - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Introductions, Feedback & Site Rules, & General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Hi new on here (/thread-17413.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hi new on here - jtr rhyl - 06-09-2018

I'm 65 years old living in Chesterfield Debyshire, just lost the wife and now trying to get my life on some sort of track.

Thinking of getting a Belingo multispace have a base  on £4000 to spend, not shore which to pick.

Newer van but high mileage or older with less mileage, like the idea of roof lights in the older models, but at 6ft 2 inch not shore if there is enough head room if kitted out as a weekend camper, with storage boxes in the roof.

Not shore if to go down the road in building my own units or buying in.

RE: Hi new on here - Zweli - 06-09-2018

Welcome

Hi new on here - Satellitemark - 06-09-2018

Welcome to the forum,

I would say that 4 grand should get a mid to high mileage new shape Berlingo / partner .
Go for one with a full service history , on the 1.6 hdi B9 (current shape) cambelts / water pumps should be replaced at 12500 mile and oil and filters should be changed at least ever 2 years and very preferably every year.

Enjoy your time here.

Mark

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk

RE: Hi new on here - Gadgetman - 06-09-2018

I'm well past the6' mark myself, and there's plenty of headroom in my M49(first gen model).
I don't have a top hat, but yeah, it should fit...
(unless install some high boxes )

Pop by a dealer and take a good look is my advice.

RE: Hi new on here - Matt Haigh - 06-09-2018

You may want to review the specs and decide (like I did for example) on an XTR with Diesel engine, Man Trans and A/C. (I'll get slated for saying it but the auto isn't the most highly regarded transmission). There have been a lot of accessory packs over the years, worth finding out what they contain. Suggest to spend some trawling this forum as you may want to choose a diesel without a DPF. A number of Berlingo Multispace's have been mobility vehicles and often come with relatively low mileage, some of these also have adaptations which don't always enhance the price.

RE: Hi new on here - jtr rhyl - 07-09-2018

Thank you for the advice you are giving me, starting to look in a few weeks but will not rush into getting one will check spec and service history.

It would be a diesel I go 1600 HDI after looking last night edging towards XTR - VTR models,

RE: Hi new on here - Tomcat3 - 07-09-2018

Hi there and welcome to the forum. one thing to note watch the ved rate on a van compared to the car, you can pay two to three times as much on a van comapared to a car.

RE: Hi new on here - Art b - 07-09-2018

(06-09-2018, 06:51 PM)jtr rhyl Wrote:  I'm 65 years old living in Chesterfield Debyshire, just lost the wife and now trying to get my life on some sort of track.

Thinking of getting a Belingo multispace have a base  on £4000 to spend, not shore which to pick.

Newer van but high mileage or older with less mileage, like the idea of roof lights in the older models, but at 6ft 2 inch not shore if there is enough head room if kitted out as a weekend camper, with storage boxes in the roof.

Not shore if to go down the road in building my own units or buying in.

Welcome aboard,
Sorry to hear of your loss,  Sad
can't be easy,

Enjoy your search for a van and new hobby,  Tongue

RE: Hi new on here - jtr rhyl - 07-09-2018

I am hoping to enjoy the future.

As for wife Cancer took her, rotten to say but it was for the best. The pain she was having would make me wish to depart this world, not only cancer but spondylosis with in a year she would have been paralised from the waist down, she told me she did not want that. But that leaves me here trying to pick up the pieces and start afresh.

RE: Hi new on here - polar - 11-09-2018

I mate and welcome to the forum - so sorry to hear about your loss and all the best in rebuilding your life.

You want might to look up Lighty he has a 12 plate mulitspach in very good condition for 3k