Berlingo Forum
B9 EGR valve location - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: B9 Second Generation (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: B9 EGR valve location (/thread-18622.html)

Pages: 1 2

B9 EGR valve location - BertyBerlingo - 02-09-2019

Hello Forum

First post here, be gentle Smile 

Recently acquired a very nice low mileage 2014 B9 Berlingo multispace.

Looking to fit a EGR valve blanking plate, watched a plethora of you tube videos on how to.

Thought ok can handle this, hummm would love to know where its hiding in my model???

Have removed air box and assorted pipework, looks quite different from the vehicles in the video's

help would be appreciated

Images shortly,

Bertie

RE: B9 EGR valve location - BertyBerlingo - 02-09-2019

Image for you guys

Another image

RE: B9 EGR valve location - Peter Palmer - 02-09-2019

Assuming its a 1.6 HDI the last one I did was at the right rear looking at the engine from the front (gear box side).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdsexBbxW44

Hello Peter

Thank you, I did watch this video.

The fuel filter on my vehicle is situated on the left hand side, so the right hand side of the engine doesn't look like yours did in the video. You just removed the fuel filter mounting bracket and the EGR valve was just behind it.
Not so on mine, if you zoom in on the images I posted you may have some more information, either that or I am having a senior moment!

Thank you

Bertie

RE: B9 EGR valve location - dumdum - 02-09-2019

I’d suggest taking a picture of the air cleaner in situ with a slightly wider angle, the video listed is how every 1.6hdi looks like I’ve ever done, there was a newer variant with a torx t15 secured filter housing, but that tended to be on very new models from memory

Zoomed in pictures don’t really show the hole engine and black stuff looks like other black stuff if you follow

RE: B9 EGR valve location - cancunia - 03-09-2019

I'm guessing from the year that your engine is a 1.6HDi 8V? If so, maybe the other videos etc that you've been looking at are for the earlier 16V engines. As dumdum suggests, a picture of the engine overall would help.

RE: B9 EGR valve location - BertyBerlingo - 03-09-2019

Hello guys

You are correct it is an 8V unit please see attached image

RE: B9 EGR valve location - rolf50 - 03-09-2019

(02-09-2019, 02:19 PM)BertyBerlingo Wrote:  Hello Forum

First post here, be gentle Smile 

Recently acquired a very nice low mileage 2014 B9 Berlingo multispace.

Looking to fit a EGR valve blanking plate, watched a plethora of you tube videos on how to.

Thought ok can handle this, hummm would love to know where its hiding in my model???

Have removed air box and assorted pipework, looks quite different from the vehicles in the video's

help would be appreciated

Images shortly,

Bertie

Just in case I copied some photos of an engine and the EGR valve.
If you are standing in front of your car you should find the EGR valve in the back of the engine on the left hand side.

RE: B9 EGR valve location - Peter Palmer - 03-09-2019

(02-09-2019, 06:12 PM)BertyBerlingo Wrote:  Hello Peter

Thank you, I did watch this video.

The fuel filter on my vehicle is situated on the left hand side, so the right hand side of the engine doesn't look like yours did in the video. You just removed the fuel filter mounting bracket and the EGR  valve was just behind it.
Not so on mine, if you zoom in on the images I posted you may have some more information, either that or I am having a senior moment!

Thank you

Bertie

Its not actually my video, just one I found on Youtube that looked quite informative, you are correct though it is quite an old engine 2007ish by the description and definitely a 16 valve.

We've got an 8V in our dispatch and I'll have a look tomorrow and see where it is if I can remember. I have recently done the cambelt on it and don't recall seeing the EGR valve at that end though.