Berlingo Forum
Reg problem - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Reg problem (/thread-20384.html)

Reg problem - Steamfan - 11-01-2021

Afternoon, all - this is a bit of an odd one. I bought a new Berlingo in 2019 - and I wanted to keep my reg plates. The garage messed me about, and so I took the car home on it's original reg, and sorted it out myself. I had a considerable amount of bother with the Ad Blue, and on 2 out of 3 visits I asked that they correct the reg no in the maintenance guide. In October - more Ad Blue problems, and I decided to go to another Citroen dealer. When I gave him the reg the info there was still my old car - so the original garage has done nothing to correct Citroens records. Who should I go to to get this sorted? Any ideas, as I really don't want any further contact with the original garage. (I asked them to cancel my service plan and confirm by email - nothing done)

RE: Reg problem - cancunia - 11-01-2021

I'd contact Citroen UK.

RE: Reg problem - Matt Haigh - 11-01-2021

Did you get asked to complete a Citroen customer satisfaction questionnaire at any point? My dealer (Roy Tolley Colchester) is always incredibly keen to get a 100% satisfaction rating, they go out of their way to a) ensure customer is satisfied, b) explain to customers how important the rating is to them, they told me that Citroen interprets any rating less than 10 as "not satisfied". On that basis I can't believe the dealer you bought your Berlingo from still has a Citroen franchise.

RE: Reg problem - Steamfan - 13-01-2021

Thanks, Matt, I hadn't thought about the customer satisfaction survey - checked back - and there wasn't one. Anyway I've been on to Citroen UK, and we'll see what happens next. It never ocurred to me that they wouldn't update their own records. Just fed up and cross, I really like the car, and it's the second one I've had from that dealers, but I won't go there again

RE: Reg problem - Steamfan - 05-07-2021

(13-01-2021, 10:52 AM)Steamfan Wrote:  Thanks, Matt, I hadn't thought about the customer satisfaction survey - checked back - and there wasn't one. Anyway I've been on to Citroen UK, and we'll see what happens next. It never ocurred to me that they wouldn't update their own records. Just fed up and cross, I really like the car, and it's the second one I've had from that dealers, but I won't go there again

Hello, all – well – it’s been a while since I posted. But I thought you might like to know the outcome – it’s quite a saga!

26 July 2019 – Citroen Berlingo Multispace
29 July 2019 – Picked up car, incompetent salesman had not arranged transfer of registration plates as requested.
4 June 2020—After several problems with the car during the previous year, and trips to the garage
I realised the information held by Citroen was incorrect and asked that it be sorted
October 2020 – due to Covid I asked a local Citroen dealership as the fault had reoccurred, and they advised me the wrong registration details were still held.
November 2020 – I sent a complaint to Citroen UK, and after several calls finally got a reply on 28 January 2021 – they told me they couldn’t help – go back to the place I got the car from
2 February 2021 – Query sent and auto reply received
4 March 2021 – Second query sent and a call from a chap. Told him I would not discuss on the phone, all contact must be email.
5 March 2021 – Email sent
6 March 2021 – Email reply - “will chase up and get back next week”
31 March 2021 – Email sent – no response
27 April 2021 – Rang to speak to this person – can’t help as no longer a Citroen franchise. He told me that someone will call me back about it
27 April 2021 – Rang the main dealer of the franchise, spoke to a lady, who was very helpful, and I put the query in an email to her which she acknowledged by return.
5 May 2021 – Email from her, who had been unable to help, and suggested I contact Citroen UK through their complaints form on line
17 May 2021 – complaint form sent – no response
26 May 2021 – message sent to Citroen’s Facebook page – no response
1 June 2021 – complaint form sent – asking for a reply by 4 June = no response
8 June 2021 – email sent to Eurig Druce, asking for help
10 June 2021 – reply received and promises to look into this.
17 June 2021 – after several emails keeping me informed – at last – all is sorted!

What a palaver! I’m just glad that the place I got the car from no longer has the franchise.

RE: Reg problem - cancunia - 05-07-2021

Glad you got it fixed. What contact details did you use for Eurig Druce?

RE: Reg problem - Steamfan - 05-07-2021

(05-07-2021, 10:16 AM)cancunia Wrote:  Glad you got it fixed. What contact details did you use for Eurig Druce?

Found it on this useful site - 

eurig.druce@citroen.com