Berlingo Forum
Hello, new mk2 owner - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Introductions, Feedback & Site Rules, & General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Introductions (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: Hello, new mk2 owner (/thread-3211.html)

Pages: 1 2

Hello, new mk2 owner - Karloff - 10-07-2012

Hello everyone, after wanting a Berlingo for years finally everything lined up and I managed to get a mk2 2.0HDI Desire with the modutop. Just back from the first camping weekend with it and it ticks all the boxes.

I scanned thru this forum a few times to find out what engine I should go for and went for the 2.0 as recommended. It's perfect, loads of room, great to drive, as good on fuel as the forum says, ergonomic and great for camping.

Must say I'm a bit dismayed to only just find out about the potential combination of wet BSI's and roof leaks but so far so good. Very impressed with the advice and information available on the forum.

Regards,

Karloff

RE: Hello, new mk2 owner - CitroAddict - 11-07-2012

Welcome Karloff from another new 2.0HDI owner getting to grips with an 03 Forte model. What year is yours? Get some pictures loaded up! Wink

RE: Hello, new mk2 owner - mrgreencar - 11-07-2012

took my Mk2 camping at the weekend - great for the camping part but rubbish on a bit of mud - got totally stuck and had to be pulled out....by a 2CV!!!:lol:

RE: Hello, new mk2 owner - Ol'Jeffers - 11-07-2012

(11-07-2012, 08:44 AM)mrgreencar Wrote:  took my Mk2 camping at the weekend - great for the camping part but rubbish on a bit of mud - got totally stuck and had to be pulled out....by a 2CV!!!:lol:

Strange....I rate the Berlingo as one of the better two wheel drive vehicles in mud and snow! I drive quite a way on farmland as I go fishing
and I've never had a problem.
Your picture shows yours well bogged down and I would have thought that the undertray was on the ground and that wouldn't improve traction!

RE: Hello, new mk2 owner - mrgreencar - 11-07-2012

maybe its down to tyres - ive got Michelin energy savers on the front which are great on the grey stuff but clearly not on the brown stuff!

RE: Hello, new mk2 owner - Ol'Jeffers - 11-07-2012

Hmmmm......I've used Falken ZE912 tyres on my cars since they came out and other Falkens before that.
The ZE912 can be found for c£45 but they work well, aren't Chinese,
and came recommended by my friend who owns a tyre dealership and sell premium brands as well. So I tend to stick with them.
I only wish they did their SUV tread pattern in the size!
(Falken Tyre Corporation are based in Japan. Falken are currently partnered with Dunlop tyres to form Dunlop Falken. Falken has been chosen as original equipment suppliers for Subaru, Suzuki and Daihatsu.) Sorry for the off-topicness!!

RE: Hello, new mk2 owner - Chris - 11-07-2012

Hi and welcome

This was mine a couple of weeks ago

[Image: IMG_3013.jpg]

RE: Hello, new mk2 owner - andy-womble - 11-07-2012

Very Gin-Gan-Gooly Chris....... Arkala we will do our best....

RE: Hello, new mk2 owner - CitroAddict - 11-07-2012

Love your 2CV/Blingo thread Karloff regarding being towed out of the mud. Back to basics girls & boys & count your blessings. Ol' Jeffers, I never heard of your make of tyres but sounds like a load of falkin' rubbish to me.
Sorry, I've had a hard day, don't hit me.....please.... Sad

RE: Hello, new mk2 owner - j90xxx - 11-07-2012

Our Scout leader used to stand and watch us in the shower to make sure we washed ourselves properly.
Don't think he is a scout leader anymore....