Berlingo Forum
Whats your average mpg? - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: M59 Berlingo (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: Whats your average mpg? (/thread-3317.html)

Pages: 1 2

Whats your average mpg? - Daivanman - 28-07-2012

Hi guys and dolls, just wondering what your mpg's are for a 2.0 hdi as im not happy with the mpg im getting from the stats given for the vehicle, also wondering what value we buy any car are offering for you vans, mines a 03 with 56k and a pretty good history with a offer of 1675!

RE: Whats your average mpg? - BerlingoHDI - 28-07-2012

I am getting around 42-44 mpg around town and about 50-52 mpg on motorway, I have the 2.0 hdi engine on a 04 plate multispace and according to manual I have it is doing as manafacturer suggests.

We buy any car value cars so low presumably to make big profits and I wouldn't go on there values, hope the above info helps and what is your mpg.

RE: Whats your average mpg? - Lambretta - 29-07-2012

I have a 2.0 HDI (05) which i have had for just over a month, and get about the same as previous reply. Its used daily for short trips 10 mls either way on reasonable but twisty country roads and only needs to be filled up every 17 days.

RE: Whats your average mpg? - andy-womble - 29-07-2012

(28-07-2012, 09:45 PM)Daivanman Wrote:  Hi guys and dolls, just wondering what your mpg's are for a 2.0 hdi as im not happy with the mpg im getting from the stats given for the vehicle, also wondering what value we buy any car are offering for you vans, mines a 03 with 56k and a pretty good history with a offer of 1675!

Just wait until you submit the vehicle for appraisal, then the piss-taking starts in earnest. Every knock, scratch, blemish, boil, pimple etc is taken into consideration and knocked down from an initial evaluation. Our old, but still in good nick, 306 suffered a similar fate at the premises in Cannock. Felt like saying go on then mate, give us a balloon or a goldfish for it, then the cheeky C*nt went and knocked another £50.00 off the value "Cos it needs valeting"....... A shower of s**t if every I have met one...

RE: Whats your average mpg? - Rustscrat - 29-07-2012

Getting around 40mpg with mine. :thumbsup:

RE: Whats your average mpg? - alexx - 29-07-2012

mid 30s with my 1.9d but i'm fairly heavy on the foot.. think when I drove to france on the motorway fully loaded I got around 350/just shy of 400 for a full tank

RE: Whats your average mpg? - Daivanman - 29-07-2012

Mine's doing around the 40 mpg mark generally,and as for the value, ive seen some going on autotrader for around the £2500 with 50k more miles, so i wont be using webuyanycar.crap.

RE: Whats your average mpg? - Noel Brig - 29-07-2012

Does anyone take into account odometer inaccuracies when calculating mpg figures?
My 1.9D MkI read 4.4% over on distance (½ tyre wear) ; Hence an initial calc of 40mpg needs to be downgraded to 38.3mpg

My new MkII with the 1.6hdi is showing an over read of 1.5%: (6mm tread on front 36psi)

I once had a Maestro van that over read by a whopping 7.7%

RE: Whats your average mpg? - john - 29-07-2012

i measure mine using the full tank to full tank and miles done method

i can get 37-39mpg everytime and i'm a courier so thats start stop all day long, so pretty decent mpg i reckon!

RE: Whats your average mpg? - nil by mouth - 29-07-2012

(29-07-2012, 09:37 AM)andy-womble Wrote:  
(28-07-2012, 09:45 PM)Daivanman Wrote:  Hi guys and dolls, just wondering what your mpg's are for a 2.0 hdi as im not happy with the mpg im getting from the stats given for the vehicle, also wondering what value we buy any car are offering for you vans, mines a 03 with 56k and a pretty good history with a offer of 1675!

Just wait until you submit the vehicle for appraisal, then the piss-taking starts in earnest. Every knock, scratch, blemish, boil, pimple etc is taken into consideration and knocked down from an initial evaluation. Our old, but still in good nick, 306 suffered a similar fate at the premises in Cannock. Felt like saying go on then mate, give us a balloon or a goldfish for it, then the cheeky C*nt went and knocked another £50.00 off the value "Cos it needs valeting"....... A shower of s**t if every I have met one...
Don't sit on the fence Andy , say what you really feel :thumbsup:
Quality ! Thanks for the chuckle - give us a goldfish for it :lol: