Berlingo Forum
lights on or off - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: lights on or off (/thread-364.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

lights on or off - corkgsxr - 03-03-2011

on my berlingo the lights stay on all the time. if ya turn it to parking lights the headlights go off and dash lights up, parking lights go on.

you know how people say dont use stuff if ya dont need to it cost ya mpg

is it worth turning the headlights off or is there any differance.

saying that i know the safety benifits of lights on, on the motorbike lights stay on all the time

RE: lights on or off - Chris - 03-03-2011

I'm also a Volvo driver and been a biker for many years so I am used having lights on all the time, and think it is generally safer. Can't imagine that the lights make any measurable difference in mpg. There are lots of other things that will have a bigger effect apart from obviously not thrashing the nuts off it (windows shut, correct tyre pressures, keeping the outside clean and so on)

RE: lights on or off - corkgsxr - 03-03-2011

does keeping it clean make that much of a diff?

what bike do ya have?

RE: lights on or off - Chris - 03-03-2011

In principle, if its covered in crap then there is going to be extra drag and wind resistance. Again, I am not sure how much difference it would make but I guess it all adds up in the end.

No bike at the moment as I came over all sensible when my second nipper came along, but the last bike I had was a Yamaha 600 Fazer which I really liked. I would love to get another but the speed novelty has worn off so I'm thinking maybe an old BMW twin or otherwise something to mess about with off-road. There are a couple of bikers on here. How about you?

RE: lights on or off - corkgsxr - 03-03-2011

iv a gsxr600

just had it dynoed at the weekend 110 bhp and 158 mph

delighted cos 2 years ago it was 98 hp and i havent doe anything but drive it and service it.

hopefully if iv the moneys im getting a 06 gsxr 1000 in april

RE: lights on or off - XTR - 02-07-2011

I'm of the opinion that dipped headlights should be used at all times,as indeed I myself do,whether in the car or driving the truck.
Ths Scandinavians have the right idea and make it compulsory to use dipped lights (as do the Italians on the autostradas).
You see so many people driving in poor visibility without any lights on,basically because with todays cars the dashboard is always illuminated and they never seem to realise they have no lights on the outside.

RE: lights on or off - pch - 03-07-2011

all cars sold from this year will by law have to have the side lights on all the time, manufacturers do it as standard now, I leave mine on all time as its better to be seen , only side lights,
Pete

Re: lights on or off - divingscubaboy - 03-07-2011

The only issue I have with sidelights are that too many t##ts drive around with them when its dark rather than switching to dipped headlights. I think sidelights should be banned except maybe as parking lights. If its dark enough for sidelights its dark enough for dipped headlights!

sent from a telephone that resembles a well known chocolate bar, dosen't taste like it though!

RE: lights on or off - XTR - 03-07-2011

(03-07-2011, 07:03 AM)pch Wrote:  all cars sold from this year will by law have to have the side lights on all the time, manufacturers do it as standard now, I leave mine on all time as its better to be seen , only side lights,
Pete

Sidelights should only be used as parking lights.
The new legislation means that new cars will have to be fitted with 'Daylight Running Lights' (drl) as seen on the latest Audi's etc.
But it only sates that the front must be illuminated,not the rear.

RE: lights on or off - philip - 03-07-2011

I always have my headlights on day or night ive never noticed i use more fuel with them on.
Is there a Berlingo with DRL?