Berlingo Forum
Centre storage box - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Specific Model Chat, Problems and Faults (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: B9 Second Generation (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-10.html)
+---- Forum: Solved (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-52.html)
+---- Thread: Centre storage box (/thread-3852.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Centre storage box - taxi - 15-10-2012

(14-10-2012, 08:31 PM)philip Wrote:  
(14-10-2012, 08:24 PM)thurrockdave Wrote:  
(14-10-2012, 08:19 PM)philip Wrote:  3 12volt points?

If it's the same as the Mk2 Multispace there is the 'cigarette' lighter socket in the front console and one in each of the rear overhead lockers.
hmmm i got 1 in the front console and 1 on the back shelf.
I have one on centre console below radio, one located at drivers side rearmost window shelf and another one located on centre console at near floor level where the manual cars have the gear lever.

RE: Centre storage box - pch - 15-10-2012

in answer to original question I bought the console for my vtr , it cost well over £300.00 with new base unit. Easy to fit , it gives more storage for cd`s , camera etc but is tall and narrow, also makes it harder to climb into back, from front if its raining and you dont want to get wet. Dont ask why, , but with darkened rear windows and camping, makes it fun...

RE: Centre storage box - Chris__M - 15-10-2012

(14-10-2012, 07:48 PM)taxi Wrote:  Taxied my XTR for year now and up to now nothing broke ( touch wood ) but XTR has 3 of the 12v points, and handy additional mirror.
I know where two of the 12v points are in my XTR - one in the dash, and one by the boot. Where's the other? [Edit - Never mind, I see your later comment. I seem to lack the one "below the radio" - I've just got a full width open box there.]

I also like the extra mirror. I know it's really meant to keep an eye on kids in the back, but I have it tilted to the right, looking out of my window to help cover my blind spot. Works a treat.

RE: Centre storage box - taxi - 15-10-2012

Yep good for blind spot. My 12v point is next to child lock and one down low between the 2 tiny compartment on centre console.

RE: Centre storage box - theraphosa - 15-10-2012

(14-10-2012, 09:24 PM)Muppet1 Wrote:  I have a Mk3 XTR on a 09.

So what is your moan, because the centre box comes as standard in the XTR 110, you are not going to come up with a better vehicle in this section of the market, cheap MPV's, with build and finish not bad at all, and as well designed interior, giving space and flexibility as you're liable to come across. If you want better you have to pay a lot more, as I've said before, build and finish on these is better imo than Honda's Civic of 3 years ago, especially paint, and general fit, I know because I bought a new one, and major improvements in that price section of market doesn't really come until you move into BMW/AUDI class, with a hefty price tag.

RE: Centre storage box - Muppet1 - 15-10-2012

Well sorry I disagree. My last car which was a Fiat was much better screwed together and felt altogether better put together than the Berlingo I have now. But then I am also comparing it to the VW T5 which I had also which was better put together than both the Fiat and the Berlingo.
At the end of the day peoples perceived idea's of a quality fit and finish are always going to be different, But I still think certain area's of a Berlingo could have been Oh so much Better than they are!!!!

Oh and by the way, I too have the centre box!!!!!

RE: Centre storage box - pch - 15-10-2012

I think all cars have their downsides , I am fully aware of the T5 having noisy rattley doors, trim falls of, etc etc, all manufactuteres now have to cut corners to make their huge profits, its just your luck which car you have and which areas are not so good. Being an oldie I remember when cars, washing machines toasters etc were made to last. No manufacturer wants that any more.....sadly.

RE: Centre storage box - Muppet1 - 15-10-2012

(15-10-2012, 05:09 PM)pch Wrote:  I think all cars have their downsides , I am fully aware of the T5 having noisy rattley doors, trim falls of, etc etc, all manufactuteres now have to cut corners to make their huge profits, its just your luck which car you have and which areas are not so good. Being an oldie I remember when cars, washing machines toasters etc were made to last. No manufacturer wants that any more.....sadly.

I couldn't agree with you more there. Mind I seem to be doing OK so far with most stuff as my washing machine and cooker are both 8 years old and don't seem to want to depart.
Cars I seem to get about 5 years out of but I have given mine a very very hard time in the past but so long as the Berlingo carries on for 2.5 years without costing much I will be happy. Then its gone!!
Mind i dont know what T5 you had/was in but mine didnt rattle at all or trim falling off.
In fact apart from a service, and rear disc's and pads, Tyres it never cost me a penny in 35,000 miles.

Now if 2.5 years down the line the Berlingo does the same i will be impressed.

RE: Centre storage box - Baldricks Pilot - 16-10-2012

Door pockets??? Theres one on my XTR drivers side that needs Houdini to be able to get access to it. Its the stupid small 'thing' at the rear of the door. And I would agree with the glove box comment also. In some ways, I wish I had my previous Mk 2 with the Modubox an all the storage spaces but with the MPG of my current car. This may be controversial, but I may start to get some opinion on the Kangoo and Doblo (crappy name I know) to see what owners think.

RE: Centre storage box - Muppet1 - 16-10-2012

Well had I had the extra money and could have found a doblo in the spec I wanted I would have bought one over the Berlingo any day, I should admit that it would have been a van as I think the doblo looks so much better in the van guise than car. And 2l 135bhp engine too with a six speed box.
Just a shame some of the fiat dealers are just so useless.