Berlingo Forum
Spare tyres (lack of) - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Berlingo Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Thread: Spare tyres (lack of) (/thread-3885.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Spare tyres (lack of) - ron - 17-10-2012

Would you buy a car with only a puncture outfit instead of a spare wheel?

RE: Spare tyres (lack of) - Muppet1 - 17-10-2012

No, I like the idea of having a spare wheel as if you are doing 70 on the motorway your tyres knackerd by the time you get stopped, Or even something as mundane as hitting the kerb.

RE: Spare tyres (lack of) - taxi - 17-10-2012

No, prefer spare tyre but would also keep tyre foam onboard as a backup

RE: Spare tyres (lack of) - j90xxx - 17-10-2012

Becoming 'fashionable' now not to have a spare, not even a space-saver. Mate of mine has a new car (can't remember what) that has a tube of foam and that's it! Don't think I'd be happy with that.

RE: Spare tyres (lack of) - thurrockdave - 17-10-2012

(17-10-2012, 08:43 PM)j90xxx Wrote:  Becoming 'fashionable' now not to have a spare, not even a space-saver. Mate of mine has a new car (can't remember what) that has a tube of foam and that's it! Don't think I'd be happy with that.

Smart ForTwo - no spare but a nice can of foam.

At least it has a decent excuse with having two sets of completely different sizes of wheel front and back.

RE: Spare tyres (lack of) - j90xxx - 17-10-2012

Remembered now.
It's a Vauxhall of some description. Meriva, possibly?
The spare was an optional extra.

And on a slightly different subject...
Many new trucks now have the passenger seat as an option. If you don't order one; you don't get one!
All to do with cost I suppose?

RE: Spare tyres (lack of) - geoff - 17-10-2012

(17-10-2012, 07:42 PM)ron Wrote:  Would you buy a car with only a puncture outfit instead of a spare wheel?

Only if it came with some decent tyre irons and an inner tube :whistle::whistle:

To answer your question....absolutely not apart from when buying my Berlingo which came without a spare wheel ( it was a bargain buy )

In between buying and getting a spare wheel I had a puncture and had to use a can of the jollop you put inside the tyre, luckily I had one from my touring caravan days and was able to use this..... it wouldn't inflate the tyre enough to make my journey home up the motorway and luckily I was in work where a foot pump was available.... So .....

Absolutely no !!!

RE: Spare tyres (lack of) - Opensauce - 17-10-2012

This is a feature I do like about the Mk3 Berlingo. The full size spare has been retained, when many new models no longer have spares or only a thin temporary spare. I swap spare across the back every 3mnths.

RE: Spare tyres (lack of) - evdama - 17-10-2012

Are we talking about the aerosol foam that re-pressurises the tyre as well ?
The stuff that doesnt work?

I put OkO blue,road spec version in the cars and the green version in all the other rides.
I cant guarantee it works for every eventuality but I haven't had a puncture in 20 years of using it...

RE: Spare tyres (lack of) - andy-womble - 17-10-2012

(17-10-2012, 09:39 PM)evdama Wrote:  I put OkO blue,road spec version in the cars and the green version in all the other rides.
I cant guarantee it works for every eventuality but I haven't had a puncture in 20 years of using it...

When I worked for the council we used to use OKO on a wheeled-loading shovel that was handling incinerated ash waste. Inevitably it had nails and other metallic inclusions and prior to using OKO was plagued with punctures. OKO definately helped in a lot instances but once the tyre did start to have punctures it was scrap.