Berlingo Forum
London 2012 Olympics - Printable Version

+- Berlingo Forum (https://www.berlingoforum.com)
+-- Forum: Introductions, Feedback & Site Rules, & General Chat (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Drivers Café (https://www.berlingoforum.com/forum-30.html)
+--- Thread: London 2012 Olympics (/thread-626.html)

Pages: 1 2

London 2012 Olympics - Chris - 18-04-2011

Has anyone applied for tickets, if so which events? What do people think of having the Olympics here? Once in a lifetime opportunity or not bothered?

RE: London 2012 Olympics - Andre - 18-04-2011

I haven't applied for tickets, but a few weeks back now, i spent friday, saturday and sunday interviewing people who wanted to be staff/helpers during the games.

Considering how many people applied, it was quite well done. I spent about 30mins with each candidate, and we received a couple of days training 2 weeks prior to the interviews.

RE: London 2012 Olympics - 3rensho - 18-04-2011

For me the Olympics these days are just a big rip off. A few well heeled types with good connections make a mint at the taxpayers expense. I wouldn't walk across the street to see them.

RE: London 2012 Olympics - andy-womble - 18-04-2011

We saw a day of track and field events at the Commonwealth Games in Manchester a few years back, got to admit that though it was not really my bag, I did enjoy the atmosphere and the ladies pole-vaulters were rather fit....

If we can get reasonably priced tickets for the Olympics then we will do it.

Like you say, once in a lifetime experience even though I am not up to full match fitness and shall not be competing in any events this time :lol::lol::lol::lol::!::!::!:

RE: London 2012 Olympics - 3rensho - 18-04-2011

Quote:the ladies pole-vaulters were rather fit....

There is that but you can see it better on TV :lol::lol: Nice tight closeups

RE: London 2012 Olympics - j90xxx - 18-04-2011

It's a bit like watching the Grand Prix, excellent atmosphere when you are there, but see a lot more on TV.
And a close up of Lewis McHamilton...
Would rather look at the Russian "female" shot-putters.Wink

RE: London 2012 Olympics - Mike - 18-04-2011

I wanted to go and see some of the Olympic cycling, but the prices are just ridiculous for a half hour viewing Sad

(18-04-2011, 02:03 PM)3rensho Wrote:  

Sitting there with my mac over my lap :oops::oops::ban::ban:

RE: London 2012 Olympics - Chris - 18-04-2011

(18-04-2011, 07:05 PM)andy-womble Wrote:  
(18-04-2011, 02:03 PM)3rensho Wrote:  

Sitting there with my mac over my lap :oops::oops::ban::ban:

Andy/3rensho, we are going slightly off topic but interested in your photo/interesting links collection if you want to PM them :whistle:

(18-04-2011, 09:19 PM)Chris Wrote:  Andy/3rensho, we are going slightly off topic but interested in your photo/interesting links collection if you want to PM them :whistle:

On their way to you, brown envelope, please excuse the shaky writing :lol::lol::!::!: