Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Engine] poor perfomane and poor boost
so far ive changed egr valve throttle body air flow meter removed the cat but its still like a snail any help welcomed thanks tony
Not sure what year & engine you Berlingo has ?
(09-06-2016, 08:27 PM)Lighty Wrote:  Not sure what year & engine you Berlingo has ?

It's a 2009 9hx everything appears to be right apart from very slow pick up.
Did you just guess with those parts, or were you guided by a diagnostic result?
If the former, then you really need to get it on diagnostics, and first check for any fault codes and deal with them, then secondly go through live data and see if anything is amiss there.
Sometimes you get a sensor that is reading wrong but within normal parameters so wont show as faulty eg I have seen coolant temp sensors showing engine temp as 60degrees when it is stone cold- similar with air temp.
Look at everything and see if anything stands out
(14-06-2016, 09:44 AM)Col Wrote:  Did you just guess with those parts, or were you guided by a diagnostic result?
If the former, then you really need to get it on diagnostics, and first check for any fault codes and deal with them, then secondly go through live data and see if anything is amiss there.
Sometimes you get a sensor that is reading wrong but within normal parameters so wont show as faulty eg I have seen coolant temp sensors showing engine temp as 60degrees when it is stone cold- similar with air temp.
Look at everything and see if anything stands out

No I run diagnostics (delphi) the egr was shot and the air flow meter gave the correct values when I changed it cam and crank are synchronised fuel pressure is correct the only thing we noticed was the actual boost pressure values where lower than the target values so I replaced the boost pressure valve and it's still the same.thanks for the reply
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Bigt for this post:
  • patch
Assuming you don't have a boost leak, maybe the turbo is inefficient.
It could be that the waste gate vanes are slightly stuck & it is loosing initial boost pressure.
You can check the boost on the Delphi, by reading actual boost against the desired figure.
Check that the waste gate rod operates on engine start also.
(15-06-2016, 06:02 AM)Lighty Wrote:  Assuming you don't have a boost leak, maybe the turbo is inefficient.
It could be that the waste gate vanes are slightly stuck & it is loosing initial boost pressure.
You can check the boost on the Delphi, by reading actual boost against the desired figure.

Yes the actuator is pulling on start up and boost seems to match actual values on idle but under load it's very slow getting boost and doesn't seem to reach the actual target value.thanks tony
(15-06-2016, 07:42 AM)Bigt Wrote:  
(15-06-2016, 06:02 AM)Lighty Wrote:  Assuming you don't have a boost leak, maybe the turbo is inefficient.

Yes the actuator is pulling on start up and boost seems to match actual values on idle but under load it's very slow getting boost and doesn't seem to reach the actual target value.thanks tony

Did you check vacuum wastgate and VNT for leak?
I had one vacuum "T" split point clogged up.
Took 1mm copper wire and punch it trough,cleaned it up.

Best regards,
brajomobil
Quote: the only thing we noticed was the actual boost pressure values where lower than the target values so I replaced the boost pressure valve and it's still the same
I think you are in the right area and it sounds turbo, or turbo control related. Check the things Lighty and Brajmobil have suggested, and make sure you haven't got an air leak after the turbo. Check pipework for splits and listen for hissing under boost.