Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turbo Actuator adjustment
Morning all, 

Recent owner of a New Citroen Berlingo van 75ps 1.6hdi model from work since August and have already put 10k miles on the clock. However it sure is a gamble doing some overtakes and can struggle up over Shap on the M6 North.

Previously I've own a Smart Fortwo, and one of the mods I was able to do was add pre-load onto the waste gate actuator arm to increase the boost. You can get away with doing it a little, as to much then put it into a safe-mode due to over boost.

Has anyone messed with the actuator arm on their Berlingo? Or is it remaps only? As was quoted £360 by CelticTuning for a stage 2 120bhp but thats alot for a work vehicle and could always be detected or wiped when I goes in for a Service at the main dealer, whilst a removal box or adjustment could be more easily reversed if and when it goes in for a service.

Let us know.

Thanks
(11-11-2016, 10:51 AM)phoenix3dfx225 Wrote:  Morning all, 

Recent owner of a New Citroen Berlingo van 75ps 1.6hdi model from work since August and have already put 10k miles on the clock. However it sure is a gamble doing some overtakes and can struggle up over Shap on the M6 North.

Previously I've own a Smart Fortwo, and one of the mods I was able to do was add pre-load onto the waste gate actuator arm to increase the boost. You can get away with doing it a little, as to much then put it into a safe-mode due to over boost.

Has anyone messed with the actuator arm on their Berlingo? Or is it remaps only? As was quoted £360 by CelticTuning for a stage 2 120bhp but thats alot for a work vehicle and could always be detected or wiped when I goes in for a Service at the main dealer, whilst a removal box or adjustment could be more easily reversed if and when it goes in for a service.

Let us know.

Thanks

75ps is the same as 90ps , Only difference is map. You can buy good map for 60$.(other forums or ebay)
Buy on aliexpress Galleto v54 for 50$ . Flashing new map is easy and you can always go back.
I had problems with EGR and have flashed different maps 10 times without problem.
Going past 90ps is difficult without VNT turbo.
That trick with waste gate you can try. Not sure it will work because safe mode
kicks in really fast if turbo pressure is not within limits.

Best regards,
brajomobil