Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air Conditioning
Hi I had my air con regassed in March 2017  (there is a post on it),car is 1.6 petrol desire.
I did not really get a chance to use it back then as weather was cold.
Just wanted to ask as it been hot recently ,I had air con on the way that it operates, when the button on dash is engaged the compressor kicks in and stays on and you hear the condenser fan come on and off say twice in a minute,with a change in engine note only slightly is this correct operation .
The temp outside was around 23 degress and vents were showing around 12 to 14 degrees with home temp gauge.
Iam asking as my other car is a Mondeo and on that the fan on compressor stay's on and the compressor kicks on and off,i know different manufacturer ,but as this car is new to me just wanted to check how it works on berlingo.
(28-05-2017, 04:18 PM)sks01773 Wrote:  Hi I had my air con regassed in March 2017  (there is a post on it),car is 1.6 petrol desire.
I did not really get a chance to use it back then as weather was cold.
Just wanted to ask as it been hot recently ,I had air con on the way that it operates, when the button on dash is engaged the compressor kicks in and stays on and you hear the condenser fan come on and off say twice in a minute,with a change in engine note only slightly is this correct operation .
The temp outside was around 23 degress and vents were showing around 12 to 14 degrees with home temp gauge.
Iam asking as my other car is a Mondeo and on that the fan on compressor stay's on and the compressor kicks on and off,i know different manufacturer ,but as this car is new to me just wanted to check how it works on berlingo.

As long as the compressor clutch is kicking in and out it sounds like it is working. I use mine in winter with the heating on to clear the windscreen, it works a lot quicker than the heater alone and using the aircon keeps it in better condition than leaving it unused for months on end.
So where does this bit go then ?
As long as the compressor clutch is kicking in and out it sounds like it is working. I use mine in winter with the heating on to clear the windscreen, it works a lot quicker than the heater alone and using the aircon keeps it in better condition than leaving it unused for months on end.
[/quote]

(29-05-2017, 06:39 PM)sks01773 Wrote:  compressor kicks in as when I press button on dash on ,and only stops when button is off,
the ac condenser fan kicks in on and off at high speed is this normal ?
I thought the compressor should come on and off.
Just to update,
I checked temp at vents when it was 33 degrees centigrade using gauge I bought from Halfords temp at centre vents was 10 degrees centigrade,
at 25 degrees centigrade I got a reading of 6 degrees centigrade at centre vents.
(10-07-2017, 10:13 AM)sks01773 Wrote:  Just to update,
I checked temp at vents when it was 33 degrees centigrade using gauge I bought from Halfords temp at centre vents was 10 degrees centigrade,
at 25 degrees centigrade I got a reading of 6 degrees centigrade at centre vents.

Hi all

I have looked through the forum and cannot find my air con problem, which might not be a problem anyway. Mine is a 2014 VTR auto diesel eco stop version, with 24K from new.  Still like new and runs perfectly.

When it's 29 degrees outside, I'll put the aircon on, with blower at 2 setting.  After a while I get condensation on the outside of the windscreen on both n/side and o/side above the screen vents. When it happens I turn the aircon off for a while until the condensation ( can't be ice, can it?) has gone.

I'm hoping this is normal as it is out of warranty now.  Any ideas? Thanks
As long as it colds inside the car should be fine,condensation could be because of temperature difference.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sks01773 for this post:
  • rnamman
Mine does the same as yours, even if it is under 29 outside, it has never caused me a problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Trevor for this post:
  • rnamman
(17-07-2017, 12:50 PM)rnamman Wrote:  
(10-07-2017, 10:13 AM)sks01773 Wrote:  Just to update,

Hi all

I have looked through the forum and cannot find my air con problem, which might not be a problem anyway. Mine is a 2014 VTR auto diesel eco stop version, with 24K from new.  Still like new and runs perfectly.

When it's 29 degrees outside, I'll put the aircon on, with blower at 2 setting.  After a while I get condensation on the outside of the windscreen on both n/side and o/side above the screen vents. When it happens I turn the aircon off for a while until the condensation ( can't be ice, can it?) has gone.

I'm hoping this is normal as it is out of warranty now.  Any ideas? Thanks

The glass will be cold because of the air con, its warmer outside than the glass inside, causing moisture in the air to condense on the cold part of the screen. Indicates your air con is working reasonably well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk