Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from new Multispace owner
Hello everybody and a big general thank you to all for your generosity - I'm learning so much here.
The reason I'm learning is having to, as I've run into problems already and have owned the Berlingo for less than a month.

It's a 2003 Multispace petrol 1.4 and a lovely pale grey/blue colour. It's got just over 100k on the clock. Bodywise, it's good overall with a few minor dings, but seems to have been well looked after with some history of regular services being done, and a timing belt and other jobs being carried out at a Citroen main dealer.

First week was fine – it drove a very long journey home after buying it with no issues. A week later overheating happened (thermostat stuck, pipe burst, lost coolant, red STOP light came on) and other problems have since arisen, although the head gasket appears to be ok, which was a lucky escape I think.
What a shame though! I was enjoying the newness of it so much and hoping for at least a few months trouble free driving. The engine management light is now staying on, so I reckon I'll be on the M59 section quite a bit as I'm perplexed by quite a few things.

With all these issues I'm almost fit to give up on cars completely ... but maybe not just quite yet, 'cause they're great when they work.

Hope I'm not overdoing it on the intro as I'm new to forums also and have some learning to do there as well.

Cheers!
Hello Miswick and welcome. Glad you are finding it useful. If you don't have one, a Haynes manual may come in handy.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Hi Miswick welcome to the forum you post your problems and I'm sure there are many on here who can give good advice.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
(06-07-2017, 12:26 PM)3rensho Wrote:  Hello Miswick and welcome.  Glad you are finding it useful.  If you don't have one, a Haynes manual may come in handy.

Thank you 3rensho. Nice to feel welcome already. Got a pdf of the Haynes manual from some kind person who linked to it here somewhere. It's a great help but I think the hard copy would be even better. Some day soon ...
(06-07-2017, 12:29 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote:  Hi Miswick welcome to the forum you post your problems and I'm sure there are many on here who can give good advice.

Hi Tomcat3. Thanks for the welcome. It's appreciated. I'll need that good advice for sure ... the problems are cropping up too soon unfortunately.
Hello Miswick and welcome to the forum.
Thank you Angela. Good to be here.