Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi from West Cumbria!
Back in the days when Berlingos were new, I bought what was probably the first Multispace in West Cumbria (Y reg). Served me well but needed something with 4WD so bought a Kangoo 4WD. Years later I have just bought another Multispace (a dealer registered 18 with 10 miles on the clock). Nice to go back to the high seating position and the space in the back. Bought it because I now have a recumbent trike and it goes in the back of the Berlingo with space to spare. The only niggle is that we were sold this one as having a full size spare wheel - turns out it's not quite what it says. Tyres on the car are 205s and the spare is 195. Any thoughts? We are not towing as I know it would be a problem for that. but a little bit of creative mis-selling maybe for trading standards to look into?
I'd say its worth pursuing the dealer for the sport of it, you may get something out of it!
Personally I cry when I see the state my full-size spare with brand-new tyre is getting into, I'd sort of relish the opportunity to use it!
Matt
2019 Multispace BlueHDi 100 Flair Nimbus Grey Met
Hi sharpedge and welcome to the forum. Yes, I'd take it up with the dealer.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Welcome aboard the rollercoaster...?

2004 ,1.9d Berlingo Multispace.
called Brian... Smile
So, the latest in the saga of the spare wheel.
Eventually found time to take the car into our local tyre dealer and asked them to try one of the wheels in the cradle underneath. Fitted no problem - so they wrote me a note to that effect. I then wrote a nice letter outlining the problems and explaining the attitude of all at the dealership, enclosing the necessary paperwork and stating that if the situation was not resolved my next call would be to Trading Standards. Sent this off to Citroen Uk, Arnold Clark Head Office and the local dealer. Immediate responses - emails and calls from Citroen and Arnold Clark Head Office and eventually an email from the local dealer stating that they would exchange the tyre. Done this morning - I now have a full size spare wheel and tyre.
Anyone else buying a new pre-registered Berlingo from Arnold Clark, print off the specification (particularly the bit with "full size spare wheel") before purchasing. You now have the information in black and white and can remind about Trading Standards if necessary.
Would I go back to Arnold Clark or would I recommend anyone else to go there - what do you think!!!