Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What brand/model oil filter 1.6 hdi
Sorry lads probably been asked a gazillion times before but what brand oil filters are you using for your 1.6 Hdi's ?
My own is a 2011 16v 75bhp and i'm looking at either one of these 2 

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/oil-filter...oil-filter

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/oil-filter...oil-filter

They be ok ?
I get a fram filter from ECP for under £5 using their discount code.

Yours may be a slightly different filter, put your reg in on the ECP site to see what comes up.

My vehicle .... 2006 (m59) Berlingo Multispace Desire - 1.6 HDI 92 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jj9 for this post:
  • michaelg
I tend to use Mann filters, they just seem better quality.

But Mahle and/or Purflux are original equipment - I don't think they were expensive from Citroen dealers tbh.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to hawaiianblue for this post:
  • michaelg
Hi - I just buy whatever 'known' brand I can find at the time, if they're cheap enough I'll get a couple - currently I have spare Coopers on the shelf for the Berlingo & Renault. Seems often to be a decent deal on GSF or Eurocarparts (Filters for min on Eurocarparts are just over £5 incl delivery today once you chuck in the XMAS75 code)

Mann, Fram, Bosch they have in stock. Coopers & Quinton Hazell I've used for years.
Our cars  2008 1.6  HDi 92 Berlingo (His) RIP 2019
              2008 1.6  HDi 110 Mini (Hers)
              2008 1.6  HDi 143 Mini (His)  

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to GraemeT for this post:
  • michaelg
I would have thought quality would be important in filtering oil but i guess and the end of the day they all must do the same job.
I see my mechanic uses a cheaper fram filter.
(09-02-2019, 01:20 AM)michaelg Wrote:  I would have thought quality would be important in filtering oil but i guess and the end of the day they all must do the same job.
I see my mechanic uses a cheaper fram filter.

Fram aren’t what I’d call a budget brand... I’d put them on par with oe spec, at the end of the day oil filters and all service parts that are made these days should meet oe spec, I have never had any issues with mahle, Fram, Bosch or purflux, they all meet oe specs and can be fitted to vehicles under warranty ??
I've just bought a Purflux filter from GSF, for some reason Purflux / Fram (both Sogefi so probably the same thing) are cheaper than Bosch / Mann (also the same thing AFAIK) on GSF & ECP/CP4L. The filter does not look that good to me, it has marks & scratches with glue overspill, so looks a bit shabby. It'll probably be fine, but I'm not inspired by the looks of it. Maybe that's the reason for the cost difference?
One thing the Purflux & Fram do have is extra guides to help fitting the filter the right way around. I've not missed those guide parts when fitting the 2 Bosch filters I've fitted so far,
A quick update & a plug for GSF customer services.
I complained about the quality of the Purflux filter that GSF sent to me, after a bit of discussion via their helpdesk they gave me a refund without the need to return the filter as I'm quite a distance from any of their shops.
I've since bought a Bosch filter, it looks to be better made and was about 50p more expensive. The Bosch filter is a different design, very similar to the original Citroen part as opposed to the Purflux.
(21-12-2018, 09:34 PM)michaelg Wrote:  Sorry lads probably been asked a gazillion times before but what brand oil filters are you using for your 1.6 Hdi's ?
My own is a 2011 16v 75bhp and i'm looking at either one of these 2 

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/oil-filters/peugeot/peugeot-partner/partner-van-2008-onwards/1-6-hdi-75-1560/products/330336-6739-24536/mann-oil-filter

https://www.micksgarage.com/d/oil-filters/peugeot/peugeot-partner/partner-van-2008-onwards/1-6-hdi-75-1560/products/1724667-6739-24536/mahle-original-oil-filter

They be ok ?

I've been using the Mann filters for over 5 years now, they tend to last much longer and better quality.
Regards the make of oil filters to use.
There are a few cut apart videos on YT, that deal with most of these brands.
Fram was always the lowest quality if you bought their budget range, while Mann was always at the top.
Bosch just seemed to be a rebranded Mann filter.