Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.3 Average
Keys
Hi folks, think I've been on here before on this very subject but didn't get a replyif I remember correctly, anyway here goes, I have had trouble with my car keys/locks, it bacame awkward to open the the 2 doors and my boot on my (Y) reg lingo 1.4, you had to stab the key in to get it to lock/unlock, I've tried wd40 & oil but to no avail, now the drivers door lock won't turn and I have to open the passengers door to get in. Options could be to get indivdual barrels and carry extra keys, or get a new set, or new keys. I would appreciate comment on these options and tips on where to get locks, keys etc, the keys work fine in the fuel cap and ignition but not the other three doors.

Thanks in advance
Hi caravan72 it seems like the barrels in the locks are buggered to me the only option is to put new barrels in with a new key for the doors.

This was your last thread regarding the keys and locks http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=965
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
(07-12-2011, 05:00 PM)philip Wrote:  Hi caravan72 it seems like the barrels in the locks are buggered to me the only option is to put new barrels in with a new key for the doors.

This was your last thread regarding the keys and locks http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=965

Thanks Philip, where could i get new barrels, a couple of vans at work have had the odd one replaced but its 'one barrel one key' so it would mean three keys for the 2 doors plus the boot door,

Cheers again
(07-12-2011, 05:13 PM)caravan72 Wrote:  
(07-12-2011, 05:00 PM)philip Wrote:  Hi caravan72 it seems like the barrels in the locks are buggered to me the only option is to put new barrels in with a new key for the doors.

Thanks Philip, where could i get new barrels, a couple of vans at work have had the odd one replaced but its 'one barrel one key' so it would mean three keys for the 2 doors plus the boot door,

Cheers again
Dealer?

I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
I think I'd try a new key first. Keys suffer from wear and tear as much as the locks.
It's no good getting one cut from the existing key though. So the dealer or an auto-locksmith will have to supply one by number.
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
(08-12-2011, 01:06 PM)OlJeffers Wrote:  I think I'd try a new key first. Keys suffer from wear and tear as much as the locks.
It's no good getting one cut from the existing key though. So the dealer or an auto-locksmith will have to supply one by number.

Thanks ol'Jeffers, I tried a link to a autosmith on another thread but he needs a key number where can you get this, although he said if he has to cut one by digital picture he willm provide a number, if it comes with a transponder chip I've been advised i have to go to the dealer for this, how much od you think this will cost? arm and a leg probably.

Thanks in advance
just get one cut it will work doors at least every berlingo (now 3) ive had the locks were worn one new key and it opens the doors perfect, for £5 from any lock smith they will moan at you saying they cant do it it needs a chip but explain you just need it for the doors not to start engine and you will not complain if it fails .

3 times ive done this and every time it opens the doors as good as new .

if you need a new igntion key thats different but all my ignition keys have been fine so far .
(13-12-2011, 01:05 PM)wertyu2007 Wrote:  just get one cut it will work doors at least every berlingo (now 3) ive had the locks were worn one new key and it opens the doors perfect, for £5 from any lock smith they will moan at you saying they cant do it it needs a chip but explain you just need it for the doors not to start engine and you will not complain if it fails .

3 times ive done this and every time it opens the doors as good as new .

if you need a new igntion key thats different but all my ignition keys have been fine so far .

Thanks for the reply, the key I have is not in good condition as it got a bit bent and looks as if it will break leaving one good one for the ignition, how do you establish what the key code is?

Thanks in advance
oh thats a shame

i think its one of those secrets invented to part us of our hard earned money

just found this though i found it on ebay ive never used so im not promoting or recommending

AUTO LOCKSMITHS TELEPHONE 01379 669 375 TO GET CITROEN KEY AND TRANSPONDER CODES.
ALL CODES ARE SUPPLIED INSTANTLY FOR ONLY £5 PER CODE.
VISIT HTTP://CITROENCODES.CO.UK/
(13-12-2011, 01:49 PM)wertyu2007 Wrote:  oh thats a shame

i think its one of those secrets invented to part us of our hard earned money

just found this though i found it on ebay ive never used so im not promoting or recommending

AUTO LOCKSMITHS TELEPHONE 01379 669 375 TO GET CITROEN KEY AND TRANSPONDER CODES.
ALL CODES ARE SUPPLIED INSTANTLY FOR ONLY £5 PER CODE.
VISIT HTTP://CITROENCODES.CO.UK/
My Genuis, son-inlaw to be advised if you get plain keys and take the chip from the original key and cable tie it round the the ignition problem solved ,s**t is it that simple!