Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3 Button Remote on 2 Button car?
Does anyone know if it's possible to activate the boot unlock button from a 3 button remote on a car that originally came with a 2 button remote?
I've just had a new 3 button remote from a locksmith, the lock / unlock works fine, just wondered if it was a Lexia / Diagbox option to make the 3rd button work.
We've got a 3 button fob but its for a van and it just unlocks the back doors and not the front two, it does have a picture of van back doors on the middle button though. What do you mean by boot, is this a Berlingo or something else.

As for Diagbox I've programmed a couple of keys and all it wanted was the key putting into the ignition turning off then back on and it was programmed, it never asked what type of key it was or how many buttons. The only thing it did ask for was how many keys were being programmed in, you have to reprogram any original ones you have already got or these won't work afterwards.

You do have to set up the central locking manually after you've programmed the key though, you turn on the ignition and then hold one of the buttons for a few seconds to code it in, maybe try holding the boot button down.
(04-12-2019, 07:36 PM)Peter Palmer Wrote:  What do you mean by boot, is this a Berlingo or something else.

Sorry, I meant tailgate, the remote key has a picture of a car boot in the middle!
On my previous M59 Berlingo, I added keys just as you've described. On this occasion I needed a locksmith to sort the door lock and he also supplied a 3 button remote instead of the 2 button that came with the car.
So I now have a 2 button remote & a 3 button remote. I was hoping that I might be able to activate the 3rd button somehow via Diagbox.
All I know is when you program the buttons you only hold one of them down and then they all work, so I just turned the key on, held the lock button down for a few seconds and then all 3 buttons worked on the fob. I didn't see any settings whatsoever for the buttons when I was programming the immobiliser side of things in Diagbox.

Maybe the middle button only works if there is a separate section on the vehicle for the rear part or if it has an electric tail gate release so it pops up when pressed.
(05-12-2019, 04:07 PM)Peter Palmer Wrote:  Maybe the middle button only works if there is a separate section on the vehicle for the rear part or if it has an electric tail gate release so it pops up when pressed.

I've not seen anything either, but seem to remember something about the type of locking somewhere in the BSI config on the M59 so wondered if there was a reference to the type of locking / keys somewhere on the B9. I haven't done much with Diagbox on the B9, other than add cruise control so not had a good look around.
As you say, maybe there's also a bit of extra hardware somewhere, I took a look on Catcar & can't see any options for the tailgate. There are more options for the rear doors, so maybe the 3 button function is only available for rear doors.