Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New member ;-)
Big Grin 
Hi. Thought it was time to join this helpful community. Have been maintaining my father's and sister's mk1 Berlingos 1.8 petrol & DW8 for some years now and have decided to sell my C15 and buy an early Multispace or van for myself as a keeper. Apart from the rubbish quality of the front seats in the early multispace i think they are great car and really good value for an old one also unlike the trusty C15 there are no serious rust issues. I'm not great with compilcated electrics so fancy something as simple as possible DW8 or XUD powered. I don't go on computer every day but hope to be a regular user / contributor. So thanks for running this great forum and having me as a member.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kieron G for this post:
  • polar
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Yes the 1.9d is a great motor - not the fastest but when you get them going they are fine.

Watch out for high mileage vehicles with worn out rear arm bushes, heavy clutches and excessive smoke, usually injectors.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to polar for this post:
  • Kieron G
Thanks Polar. Keeping a watch in the usual places. There are a lot of cheap 1.9d Berlingos out there at the moment. I just get that feeling that like the BX which was everywhere at one time they will disappear almost overnight so would like to bag a good one before they all get scrapped.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Kieron G for this post:
  • polar
After some looking with a £500 budget have bought a 1.8 petrol on X plate. Just like my dad's but without the electric webasto type roof. tidy and low mileage ( 53.000 ) with some service history. First job is to change timing belt. Well pleased to own one of these cars.
53k on an X plate, you've done well to find that
Matt
2019 Multispace BlueHDi 100 Flair Nimbus Grey Met
Thanks. Been looking for a while on 3 or 4 sites for a diesel really. Thought this one was worth travelling for when i saw it advertised though. It does have a small dent in one of the sills, some surface rust on that flat area behind the headlights and a few scratches but in time i hope to sort these things. I like the way you can view what a car has previously failed MOT on now if you have the registration number, been using that a lot when looking at cars on line.
(21-12-2019, 11:23 PM)Kieron G Wrote:  Thanks Polar. Keeping a watch in the usual places. There are a lot of cheap 1.9d Berlingos out there at the moment. I just get that feeling that like the BX which was everywhere at one time they will disappear almost overnight so would like to bag a good one before they all get scrapped.

Good point and nice to meet you buddy. I know what you mean about the C15, I had one and you could hear it rusting...just like the little fiat I I think it was designed to compete with, the Fiorino, but all cars rusted back then, it was in the design! I also had a lovely wee silver 1987 BX 1.9D, what a great engine that was. Proper old school mechanical rotodiesel. 

In a later ZX, that engine was a flyer in a car with hardly any weight, and even without a turbo it kept up with much bigger cars and never ever went wrong on me. Thankfully at that point they dumped the hydro suspension.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • Kieron G