Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peugeot Partnet 2006 Electrical issues
Hi all. I have just bought a 2006 Peugeot Partner 1.9 to replace my 2005 Berlingo (also a 1.9) which sadly met its end when it was written off last month.

I have a couple of issues with the electrics on the Peugeot. The rear foglights are not working, neither is the fog lamp warning indicator on the dashboard. I checked one of the rear bulbs and it worked when I swapped it over with the brake light bulb.Furthermore, with the engine running and the driver's door open, the glow plug warning light and the low fuel warning light come on, but go off again when I close the door.

I have tried resetting the BSI a few times, but there is no difference to any of the above. Would anyone be able to help point me in the direction of a solution please? I should add that there is a towbar fitted, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,
John
(12-01-2020, 10:38 PM)John B Wrote:  Hi all. I have just bought a 2006 Peugeot Partner 1.9 to replace my 2005 Berlingo (also a 1.9) which sadly met its end when it was written off last month.

I have a couple of issues with the electrics on the Peugeot. The rear foglights are not working, neither is the fog lamp warning indicator on the dashboard. I checked one of the rear bulbs and it worked when I swapped it over with the brake light bulb.Furthermore, with the engine running and the driver's door open, the glow plug warning light and the low fuel warning light come on, but go off again when I close the door.

I have tried resetting the BSI a few times, but there is no difference to any of the above. Would anyone be able to help point me in the direction of a solution please? I should add that there is a towbar fitted, if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance,
John

It looks like the wiring is botched. You probably need to physically inspect beginning with the bsm & bsi.
Like all things it's probably something simple yet still highly annoying. Have you tried looking back at the mots to see if there's any prior history of electrical faults? I did this for another problem with my van and it led me to a solution.

And this is probably stupid but it's definitely got the correct battery in it? I experienced a range of electrical issues when I used a battery that was too powerful. Not my proudest day.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sherbingo for this post:
  • John B
(01-02-2020, 07:07 PM)Sherbingo Wrote:  Like all things it's probably something simple yet still highly annoying. Have you tried looking back at the mots to see if there's any prior history of electrical faults? I did this for another problem with my van and it led me to a solution.

And this is probably stupid but it's definitely got the correct battery in it? I experienced a range of electrical issues when I used a battery that was too powerful. Not my proudest day.

Thanks for the reply. 

Apparently the last CVRT test (Irish MOT for commercials) expired in August 2018, so I am guessing it's been off the road since then. It's interesting that it drove without any obvious electrical issues when I picked it up (100 km one way), it started up fine for a couple of days and now the battery is totally lifeless!
I'm going to replace it with a new one and take it from there. 

John