Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting Cruise Control to a 2013 model
I have seen another post about retro fitting Cruise Control but did not want to put my spanner in there as it seems to be a fairly long discussion going on.
On my last car i had cruise and used it all the time and feel at a loss without it.
My Berlingo is a 2013 model XTR, is it possible to retro fit it to this model and what sort of cost would it involve.
I bought a spare key from Citroen garage, £200.00!!!!!, it was made of steel, not gold!!!
.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
If you are not bothered about the speed limiter function it is just a case of buying and fitting the switch and persuading someone with the Citroen software to turn it on. I did it a couple of years ago on a 2010 B9, my local Citroen garage charged me £25 to turn it on.

Peter
(23-10-2020, 12:16 PM)Romahomepete Wrote:  If you are not bothered about the speed limiter function it is just a case of buying and fitting the switch and persuading someone with the Citroen software to turn it on.  I did it a couple of years ago on a 2010 B9, my local Citroen garage charged me £25 to turn it on.

Peter

my local Citroen refused to do it even if i bought the Citroen approved kit from them and signed the disclaimers in the box. 

So i bought a lexia and done it my self
My local agent is a family run business in a small village, I taught the owners children and most of the mechanics, I get very good service from them.

Peter
(23-10-2020, 01:25 PM)Romahomepete Wrote:  My local agent is  a family run business in a small village, I taught the owners children and most of the mechanics, I get very good service from them.

Peter

You had an "in" there Peter lol.

The speed limiter does not bother me, But would like the cruise as i said. I will talk to my mechanic, i will be seeing him on the 3rd Nov.

What is the part or parts i am looking for, is it like my Kia, another stalk on the column?
Is it worth getting the part or parts from a breakers?
.tb_button {padding:1px;cursor:pointer;border-right: 1px solid #8b8b8b;border-left: 1px solid #FFF;border-bottom: 1px solid #fff;}.tb_button.hover {borer:2px outset #def; background-color: #f8f8f8 !important;}.ws_toolbar {z-index:100000} .ws_toolbar .ws_tb_btn {cursor:pointer;border:1px solid #555;padding:3px} .tb_highlight{background-color:yellow} .tb_hide {visibility:hidden} .ws_toolbar img {padding:2px;margin:0px}
try this thread for good advice and links

https://www.berlingoforum.com/thread-19924.html
2020 Rifter 1.5 allure
2010 B9 red XTR w a v. 
2001 1.9d DW8B white  Berlingo  
2005 2.l green Berlingo
2001 1.9d DW8B white  Berlingo 
berlingo 1.4 red multispace
1993 xud 1.9 red partner
(23-10-2020, 04:52 PM)brodfather11 Wrote:  try this thread for good advice and links

https://www.berlingoforum.com/thread-19924.html
I did see this post but did not want to jump on it as a lot was discussed. It was helpful though.

Sorry for the HTML that will be after this, not my fault.

Don't worry about the html mate, we know it's not you. We've asked Apollo to look into it, he's the site owner. Hopefully he can fix it.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
(23-10-2020, 10:21 PM)Zion Wrote:  Don't worry about the html mate, we know it's not you. We've asked Apollo to look into it, he's the site owner. Hopefully he can fix it.

Thanks
We can do the cruise control activation for anyone who struggles.
We usually keep a couple of switches in stock, the aftermarket ones are fine at about £20.