Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Engine] Revs hanging on up-changes..
Funny you mention this. I have a cheapie error code reader and its coming up with the usual EGR errors. I decided to ignore this due to me replacing the valve last year and putting these codes down to "phantoms".
It was a nice clean used valve and seemed to be moving ok but it may be giving up now. I can change it pretty quickly so I may take it out and see if its moving ok and give it a squirt of lube.
It might help, though the extreme conditions it lives in would probably wipe out lube pretty quickly. The ECU can't tell if the valve is open or closed or somewhere in between so it relies on airflow to tell if something is up, the air doser acts as an egr throttle to suck fumes in when required and the ECU is programmed with a strategy to open and close the valve 3 times on starting up and shutting down to ensure it stays "free" but that isn't guaranteed to work.

Be interesting to see how clagged up yours is after being on for a few months? Pics!!

I'd stick a blank in to test it, only needs cut from a coke can and trimmed with scissors. If the rev hanging stops, the EGR is at fault. If not, try with the MAF disconnected when the ECU has gone to sleep, then start it with no MAF connected and run it for a while, see if its ok now. If none of those take the rev hanging away, then the electronic pedal is the likely issue.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
(24-02-2021, 12:00 PM)Zion Wrote:  It might help, though the extreme conditions it lives in would probably wipe out lube pretty quickly. The ECU can't tell if the valve is open or closed or somewhere in between so it relies on airflow to tell if something is up, the air doser acts as an egr throttle to suck fumes in when required and the ECU is programmed with a strategy to open and close the valve 3 times on starting up and shutting down to ensure it stays "free" but that isn't guaranteed to work.

Be interesting to see how clagged up yours is after being on for a few months? Pics!!

I'd stick a blank in to test it, only needs cut from a coke can and trimmed with scissors. If the rev hanging stops, the EGR is at fault. If not, try with the MAF disconnected when the ECU has gone to sleep, then start it with no MAF connected and run it for a while, see if its ok now. If none of those take the rev hanging away, then the electronic pedal is the likely issue.

Hi, sorry to hijack this thread but I'm having the same issue and this is killing me!!!!

I started to get this exact issue the original poster put up, so i went about trying to fix it in this manner...

I read a few posts on here about it being the pedal, so i bought a second hand one from eBay and put it on the van.. Didn't stop it.
So we cleaned out the MAF and cleaned out the Air Doser too.. Didn't stop it.
So we took the EGR off and cleaned it.. Didn't stop it.
I got another EGR valve from the scrapyard (Which i think is a OEM one as the one on my van I'm pretty sure wasn't) we cleaned it put it on ..Didn't stop it.
I got another Air Doser from the scrapyard, changed it over. No luck.
I then got another Pedal from the scrapyard, Still hasn't stopped it..

What are the chances of all the 3 pedals doing the same issue?
2 different EGR's doing the same issue?

I'm just pulling my hair out on this bloody issue  Angry hahaha

The weird thing with mine is i can drive it for about 10  - 15 miles and it wont do it but as soon as i go over that distance it will start to do it, when i switch off the car for about 20 mins its not doing it...
I'm just baffled 
Sorry again for hijacking this thread but im at my wits end with this any help would be wonderful!!

Thanks
What year and engine do you have? Have you tried disconnecting the MAF once the ignition has been off for 5 minutes and starting it / driving with it disconnected? No mention of that. Cleaning a bad MAF never works.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
In addition to what Zion said, you need to re-code or re-learn with Diagbox/Lexia the new EGR valve, even if it is OEM. The ECU needs to know how much the piston in the valve moves and so on. It is a procedure with Diagbox/Lexia. It is not entirely plug-and-play.
smile, you are alive! Peugeot Partner Escapade (same as M59, but with offroady-ish look) 2007, 1.6HDi 92
https://www.youtube.com/c/moremolecules
(13-03-2021, 03:24 PM)Zion Wrote:  What year and engine do you have? Have you tried disconnecting the MAF once the ignition has been off for 5 minutes and starting it / driving with it disconnected? No mention of that. Cleaning a bad MAF never works.

I have the 1.6hdi 2008, disconnecting the MAF is my next port of call after reading your last post. i will give this a go, i'm really hoping that it is the MAF, i will check this tomorrow and give an update!

Thankyou dude!
(13-03-2021, 03:42 PM)saskak Wrote:  In addition to what Zion said, you need to re-code or re-learn with Diagbox/Lexia the new EGR valve, even if it is OEM. The ECU needs to know how much the piston in the valve moves and so on. It is a procedure with Diagbox/Lexia. It is not entirely plug-and-play.

Yeah i did hear that before, I've got a mate which is gonna do this for me on Thursday with his Lexia, out of curiosity does it throw up a code if it hasn't been re-learned? Or put on the EML?

Thankyou
No emls or codes, it just isn't calibrated.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • saskak
(13-03-2021, 04:08 PM)Zion Wrote:  No emls or codes, it just isn't calibrated.

Exactly the word I was looking for, not re-code/re-learn.
smile, you are alive! Peugeot Partner Escapade (same as M59, but with offroady-ish look) 2007, 1.6HDi 92
https://www.youtube.com/c/moremolecules
Good point tho mate, I think it uses airflow measurements to calibrate the valve while moving it to the extents several times. Then it knows what to expect as correct. I've done it and you can hear the servo moving.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van