Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Power 2.0hdi
My 2.0hdi suddenly lost power yesterday. The acceleration was weak, a stutter around 2000rpm with a maximum 3000rpm,but will still do 75mph
I have the Torque App which shows max MAF of 60g/s and  Max 3.9psi Boost
I have no idea what this means
Is this Limp Mode? How exactly does Limp Mode behave? Or some other problem?
There is no new error code on the App, but I only have a cheap OBDI sensor
The engine symbol is constantly lit up but it always is (P003 powertrain)
(13-10-2021, 06:00 PM)richard77 Wrote:  My 2.0hdi suddenly lost power yesterday. The acceleration was weak, a stutter around 2000rpm with a maximum 3000rpm,but will still do 75mph
I have the Torque App which shows max MAF of 60g/s and  Max 3.9psi Boost
I have no idea what this means
Is this Limp Mode? How exactly does Limp Mode behave? Or some other problem?
There is no new error code on the App, but I only have a cheap OBDI sensor
The engine symbol is constantly lit up but it always is (P003 powertrain)

Yes, that looks like a limp mode. If the Boost is correct and it is 3.9psi, that is way too low, almost nothing. I do not really know the 2.0HDi, but I would say it is turbo-related, whether this is the actual turbo, wastegate or vacuum line split somewhere or turbo solenoid at the back of the engine, it requires to have a look at each of these.
Might be wrong though.
smile, you are alive! Peugeot Partner Escapade (same as M59, but with offroady-ish look) 2007, 1.6HDi 92
https://www.youtube.com/c/moremolecules
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to saskak for this post:
  • richard77
It's been a few years, but IIRC, the 2.0 has a spring operated waste gate on the turbo, and also IIRC no boost sensor so the boost readings are not really accurate. You can try to disconnect the MAF and see if things change / improve. If MAF realted, the EML will only go out if you have a working MAF & remove the fault code.
However, P003 seems to be related to the fuel pressure / volume so some readings for the rail pressure may give a hint.
Is the spring somewhere i can check it? Ive no idea about turbos. Anything I can check on the turbo ,without taking the engine out, would help
Normal boost is approx 14psi.
I disconnectd the MAF sensor, it made no difference
As for P003, it always shows up, and doesnt seem to cause a problem,though I suspect it has to do with a sensor under the engine, which got wet before and put the car into limp mode intermittently (until it dried out)
Whereas this problem is totally different,just started 2 days ago, and has not changed
I'm fairly sure that HDI Tuning had an article on how to increase the boost on a 2.0 HDi, it would have some of the detail you're looking for. Unfortunately, a quick surf on the website did not show it, but you can contact them and they're normally very helpful.
https://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/index.html

Update, here it is!
https://www.hdi-tuning.co.uk/downloads/M...-guide.pdf

My mistake, re the spring activated waste gate.
(14-10-2021, 10:32 AM)richard77 Wrote:  thanks for that
the pipe to the wastegate actuator holds vacuum, but it looks different to the pics in your link, I wont be able to remove the actuator to test the arm is operating properly,

If normal boost is 14psi and yours is 3.9psi, you are loosing boost somewhere. 14psi is ~1bar, which seems alright and I suspect this is not manifold absolute pressure. If cancunia is right that the 2.0HDi does not have a proper boost sensor, then this might explain the readings.
Unfortunately I cannot help you with testing the wastegate as it seems a bit different than the M59, but here are a few suggestions from the frenchcarforum for lost boost: https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v...hp?t=52578

If I were you I would check all vacuum hoses from/to the wastegate for any splits, holes, etc. A small hole in the intercooler would lead to a reduced boost, but it is unlikely that it will lead to such a low boost (if readings are measured correctly), but it also depends on the size of the hole or for example a split intercooler hose. I have also heard a few times of a stuck turbo solenoid at the back of the engine.
smile, you are alive! Peugeot Partner Escapade (same as M59, but with offroady-ish look) 2007, 1.6HDi 92
https://www.youtube.com/c/moremolecules
(14-10-2021, 11:00 AM)richard77 Wrote:  This looks like the actuator I'd like to eliminate that as the problem
the other pipe end connects to another pipe via a solenoid(?) so I need to check that too.

That's interesting, what year is your 2.0HDi?
If you want to post or PM your VIN, I'll take a look at the Citroen Sedre/Docbackup parts list.
(14-10-2021, 11:10 AM)cancunia Wrote:  
(14-10-2021, 11:00 AM)richard77 Wrote:  This looks like the actuator I'd like to eliminate that as the problem
the other pipe end connects to another pipe via a solenoid(?) so I need to check that too.

That's interesting, what year is your 2.0HDi?
If you want to post or PM your VIN, I'll take a look at the Citroen Sedre/Docbackup parts list.

Thanx, Sent you my VIN by PM

So-if Torque app is correct, and I can get boost 0-3.9psi (@2750rpm), does that indicate that the Actuator is working atall/properly?
Or Does this indicate that it is not the turbo itself that is the problem?
It is the M59, I dont think there is an intercooler on the 90hp version
OOPS! Sorry, I thought the EGR was the wastegate!
I'll have to start all over
(14-10-2021, 12:00 PM)richard77 Wrote:  OOPS! Sorry, I thought the EGR was the wastegate!
I'll have to start all over

Ah, that makes more sense. Yep, the EGR is regulated by a vacuum solenoid valve. 
I've replied to your PM.