Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommended diagnostic tools for M49 Berlingo
Hi all,

I have recently purchased a 2001 Berlingo for use as a 'work van'. I have seen 'Lexia' mentioned a few times on these forums, as the dealer level software for this vehicle.

I am an automotive locksmith and already have a bunch of equipment, and wondering if getting an interface for Lexia will provide any extra advantage for me with this old Berlingo.

I currently have:

- AUTEL MX808
- AUTEL IM508 + XP400 Pro + G-Box 2
- xHorse Mini OBD Tool + Keytool Mini + Mini Prog
- A generic OBD2 scanner
- J2534 VCI

Is there any point getting an interface for Lexia, or do you think my current tools will cover most things I will need?
The M49 will not be standard OBD yet and probably only has basic diags of the engine over K-Line, I'd think your 808 would do all you need but it never hurts to have Diagbox (Lexia is the older version of Diagbox and now refers to the interface - properly known as an Actia interface)

You would be best to get a Diagbox full-chip kit if you really want the OEM stuff, and it only does Citroen and Pug stuff, but is good, if you can be arsed installing it (it's a pig) and it needs Win 7/32.

Why not try the 808 on it first, see if it connects, do a live data run and see if you get stuff like fuel pressure, airflow etc and if so, I'd stick with what you have.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • bertylingodave
(01-11-2022, 09:14 PM)Zion Wrote:  The M49 will not be standard OBD yet and probably only has basic diags of the engine over K-Line, I'd think your 808 would do all you need but it never hurts to have Diagbox (Lexia is the older version of Diagbox and now refers to the interface - properly known as an Actia interface)

You would be best to get a Diagbox full-chip kit if you really want the OEM stuff, and it only does Citroen and Pug stuff, but is good, if you can be arsed installing it (it's a pig) and it needs Win 7/32.

Why not try the 808 on it first, see if it connects, do a live data run and see if you get stuff like fuel pressure, airflow etc and if so, I'd stick with what you have.

I'll check the MX808 in the morning and see how it goes..

I might get a Diagbox anyway, as I already have a laptop setup with a bunch of virtual machines for specific tools for my other cars (BMW and VW).

Thanks for the info
I'd love an mx808. It's quite a serious weapon. Unless you're going to do configuration changes then Diagbox won't be much more help but it is good for that stuff.

It is a PIG to install btw.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
(02-11-2022, 05:56 PM)Zion Wrote:  I'd love an mx808. It's quite a serious weapon. Unless you're going to do configuration changes then Diagbox won't be much more help but it is good for that stuff.

It is a PIG to install btw.

Can't be much worse than installing the GlobalTIS/Tech2Win stuff, or older BMW software..

The MX808 is a great tool. Used it yesterday to diagnose an issue with a 2012 Peugeot 308.

Anyway, I'll head out to the M49 shortly and see what info I can get from it.