Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSI Costings?
My 2013 Multispace has come down with the dreaded BSI failure. Any idea how much it might cost me to get it replaced properly. Thanks
Current Motors
2013 Berlingo Multispace
1990 Mazda MX5
1989 Transit Motorhome
1958 Morris Traveller
Cool
Think it’s a matter of replacing the whole fuse box which it’s incorporated into. If you do it yourself and buy a-second hand fuse box not to bad. If replaced by a garage with a new item quite costly I would think.
The BSI is coded to your vehicle, you cant just get a secondhand one and fit it. Ther are companies who do this kind of thing. Here is one example, they have been around for years

http://www.bba-reman.com/gb/index.aspx

Peter
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Romahomepete for this post:
  • Bilbo
BBA have had a bumpy history, have a search around and call them before placing an order. There are other places that will do the work but the bottom line is as above, you can't just fit another BSI without it being reset or repaired.
How has it failed ? Any details on what it is doing or not doing that it should.
So where does this bit go then ?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ffrenchie for this post:
  • Bilbo
(22-11-2022, 09:56 AM)ffrenchie Wrote:  How has it failed ? Any details on what it is doing or not doing that it should.

It started off by telling me the braking system had failed, had to pull the handbrake up a couple of times before it would start. That cleared all by itself, then the wipers started going and the headlights came on when there was nobody near the car?? Now I have the wiper stuck halfway and permanent side lights (had to disconnect the battery) also got a message saying the EPS switch not working? Tried a reset and stuff, car still runs ok though.
Current Motors
2013 Berlingo Multispace
1990 Mazda MX5
1989 Transit Motorhome
1958 Morris Traveller
Cool
I'm trying to get the BSI unit out to inspect it but for the life of me can't seem to get the cover under the steering wheel off... Help!!
Current Motors
2013 Berlingo Multispace
1990 Mazda MX5
1989 Transit Motorhome
1958 Morris Traveller
Cool
(22-11-2022, 10:56 AM)Bilbo Wrote:  
(22-11-2022, 09:56 AM)ffrenchie Wrote:  How has it failed ? Any details on what it is doing or not doing that it should.

It started off by telling me the braking system had failed, had to pull the handbrake up a couple of times before it would start. That cleared all by itself, then the wipers started going and the headlights came on when there was nobody near the car?? Now I have the wiper stuck halfway and permanent side lights (had to disconnect the battery) also got a message saying the EPS switch not working? Tried a reset and stuff, car still runs ok though.

I wasn't suggesting that anyone used BBA I was just quoting them as an example because they came up first when I did a search.  My son used them years ago for a BMW and they were fine but things change.

Peter
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Romahomepete for this post:
  • Bilbo
@Bilbo

The BSI is not under the steering wheel on the B9, it's buried at the back of the glovebox on the left side. (The M59 one was under the steering wheel area.)

Unlock and drop the glovebox lid, and then remove all of the Torx screws along the top edge of the glovebox and lift it down out of the way. Behind that is a large electronic module with lots of plugs and fuses on it, that's the BSI. It is also hinged and can be swung out, but don't disconnect any plugs with the battery connected. There is a green & white reset link marked "HS-SH" at the bottom of the fuses, you can pull that, wait a minute and then reinsert it (battery still on for this activity) and it will hard-reboot the BSI (which is actually a PC) which may solve your problems.

If not, then you are in for a round of data extraction from your BSI (security PIN code and immobilizer data), virginisation of a used unit, cloning and reprogramming the replacement to the exact same spec as the one you have now. If its Bosch, it needs to be a Bosch replacement, if it's L,M or H spec, then that needs to match too.
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Sol for this post:
  • Bilbo
Repairers of BSI's: have a look down the page and see which ones are near you or could attend to look at your unit for testing. There are quite a few.

(Google search)

https://www.google.com/search?q=citroen+...1057&dpr=1
Previous:
2017 B9 1.6 BlueHDi Van
2012 B9 1.6 HDi Van
2008 M59 1.6 HDi Van
2003 M59 1.9D Van