Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.46 Average
Wind Deflectors
Hi People,

I'v had my MK3 for around a month now, VTR 90 no aircon.

Just wondering if wind deflectors with a quite dark tint to the rear would help with keeping the kids cool when we get some warm weather?

Anyone got any advice regarding wind deflectors?

Cheers

Simon
wind deflectors? I have wind deflectors fitted to my front windows, more like drip guards, mean I can have window open without rain coming in. Is that what you mean? To the rear, dont your rear windows open out about 2 " so I`m struggling with what you mean? My rear tinted windows [ 25%] keep rear much cooler which would be ideal for your kids. My car has chill pack so if really hot [some joke ] I use that. But tinted is best. approx 60.00 per window.
Pete
if you have a piccy of what you mean I`d be interested.
cheers
Yes front wind deflectors, wondering if they reduce wind noise when the front windows are slightly open?

Been quoted £200 for all rear windows tinted.
yeh I paid 180.00 10 months ago , its worth having 25% tint as you can see out but very hard to see in unless lights on inside or sun is very strong.
Deflectors dont really stop noise but do help having windows open and not letting rain in. Also if you park up you cannot see top of window is open unless you look under neath.
Hope that helps
Pete
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pch for this post:
  • Brixmis7
I agree with Pete, I think that the best option would be to invest in keeping the heat and sunlight out in the first place with tinted windows which do make a big difference. It will also help to keep the car cooler when parked.
2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Graduated from a Pug306 without aircon to a mk2 Multispace again without aircon. Just curious as to how hot do the Multispaces get inside in summer?
Daft question 'cos we don't often get a summer, I know.
A bit concerned because sometimes on our travels the dogs will be in the back of the motor.
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
Even though I love open air motoring, when I was looking for mine, having a/c was a must, not just for the summer but for winter de-misting as well. Without a/c it can be like a green house on wheels given the amount of glass in it. The pop-out opening rear windows aren't bad once you're on the move but having open windows is not that great once the speed builds up.

(18-02-2011, 12:57 PM)Chris Wrote:  Without a/c it can be like a green house on wheels given the amount of glass in it.

Perhaps I ought to go to the gardening section in B&Q or Focus and purchase a couple of louvred ventilators for my greenhouse, sorry, BerlingoBig GrinTongueBig GrinTongue

Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
Mine doesn't get too hot in the summer but White doesn't attract the heat of the sun so bad. Would like air con but not in mine

Lliam
Lliam

53 plate Berlingo Multispace Forte 1.9D Polar White
(18-02-2011, 01:32 PM)andy-womble Wrote:  
(18-02-2011, 12:57 PM)Chris Wrote:  Without a/c it can be like a green house on wheels given the amount of glass in it.

Perhaps I ought to go to the gardening section in B&Q or Focus and purchase a couple of louvred ventilators for my greenhouse, sorry, BerlingoBig GrinTongueBig GrinTongue

A mist sprayer would be refreshing for the summer....

[Image: greenhouse-misting-system.jpg]