Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Getting used to my new Desire
Rainbow 
Hi to all,

Pleased to find your site - it looks good.

We recently bought a 2008 Diesel Berlingo Desire multispace in white, it's very clean having just come from lease to NHS and only 9200 miles on the clock. At £6k, it's not a bargain but hopefully a fair amount. With family in tow, I needed to make a quick decision and get back on the road. It replaces my diesel 1.6 Citroen ZX of 14 years. This is the first Berlingo I have driven, and, so far so good...

My first week has been typical with school/work runs, the weekly shop and family trips. It's suiting family life but a couple of niggles that I'm hoping can be sorted. All minor, possibly girly complaints, nothing engineering or technical which seem to be fine.

A nice roomy boot for shopping, as expected, but heavens did it fly about. The spare can of diesel didn't help matters and provided a good pounding to anything soft. I need a solution to this and assumed there would be something readily available to fit into the back but haven't seen much that appeals online. I thought some form or gridded system to create shopping bag sized compartments. There wasn't much on offer at Halfords either. Any suggestions? I can only think of getting plastic creates/boxes to fill the space.

I've also realised the cup holders in the front don't actually hold our cups (diameter too small). I thought modern cars were all about having lots of drink holders so am surprised to carry fwd this niggle from my old car. Darn! I'm guessing the holes are for the removable ashtrays (we don't have one but I have seen them elsewhere). I can't plug my generic drink holder into the funky air vents so what do I do?? Again, I thought I might be able to buy something to put into the square-ish shaped hole in the console but unable to find anything online. So any suggestions would be useful.

I find references to both niggles on this site but unable to locate the original threads. Can you help?

Overall, very pleased with our new car. It was particularly nice to share a flask of tea perched on the boot whilst on day out. I can see the advantages it will have for camping and family life. I seem to find a new cubby hole/feature daily!

Best wishes,

Tai
How you doing? I'm also new to the berlingo & having funny trying to catch cans while driving. Not fun, carpet is still soaking from where I spilled a can of monster engery drink! No solution for you unfortunately.

I'm gonna look into building a cup holder for it, even out of wood & wrapping it in carbon fibre wrap that I have. I'm a taxi driver & can't live without my coffee lol

Welcome along

G
Hello Tai and welcome aboard.

Must say that I don't have the same problem as you and Taxi G. When I buy my coffee etc I drink it, I don't take it for a drive.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Coco for this post:
  • j90xxx
Mcdonalds cups fit fine in mine.
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
Tried Halfords for drinks holders, also plenty on eBay. ?
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
(15-10-2012, 02:54 PM)Coco Wrote:  Hello Tai and welcome aboard.

Must say that I don't have the same problem as you and Taxi G. When I buy my coffee etc I drink it, I don't take it for a drive.

So you just drink the full cup in one go?

:whistle:

G
Yes, why wouldn't I? I don't eat half a sandwich and take the other half on a bus journey
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Coco for this post:
  • j90xxx
Hi, welcome to the forum. I have the same problem with shopping sliding about in the boot, all I can think of is to put a couple of plastic crates/boxes in the back and perhaps secure those in place using the lashing points?
:wave:Hi & welcome to our font of inexhaustible knowledge.
I personally use a elasticky cargo net,hoooked to the tie down points.It,s a bit like origami,you get used to folding the net to fit what you have.
I hope you enjoy the forum & Berlingo for a long time to come.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post:
  • Tai
(15-10-2012, 02:34 PM)Taxi_G Wrote:  How you doing? I'm also new to the berlingo & having funny trying to catch cans while driving. Not fun, carpet is still soaking from where I spilled a can of monster engery drink! No solution for you unfortunately.

I'm gonna look into building a cup holder for it, even out of wood & wrapping it in carbon fibre wrap that I have. I'm a taxi driver & can't live without my coffee lol

Welcome along

G

Thought drinking and driving was against the Law?
Even coffee.
If PC Plod sees you, can be classed as 'driving without due care and attention'.
Not trying to be pedantic or obtuse. I am serious....
Mate of mine got 6 points and £200 fine for holding a Costa coffee whilst driving!
Never understood 'cup holders' for that reason.
Be careful out there...