Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
3rd service and dealership crap.
booked my car in for 3rd service under 3 yr service plan. lLANGEFNI CITROEN Anglesey. Booked last Tuesday. Took in in said I was 35502 miles and contract is up to 35k. I said it was below when booked.
Point 2 had a special deal, MOT 29.00 BUT told me it failed . blown high level brake bulb and brake pads below 1,5mm, both sides, 220.00 special deal discs and new pads.
If I left I would have to pay resit of mot, another 29.99...

Robbing bastards, spoke to my local garage and if new discs and pads needed 140.00, service , oil and filter 30.00, Citroen wanted 99.00...
Glad my bloody warranty is over.

Would never buy 3 yr warranty again.

Really pissed off now.
Pete.
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pch for this post:
  • ron
One: If your mileage was below 35K when booked in it's them who are in breach of contract as
had they offered you an appointment the next day you would, presumably, have been OK.
I would report them to local Trading Standards anyway.
Two: As a high level brake light is still optional and not legally required I am most surprised that it failed on that...
shouldn't they had noticed that at the service and rectified it? No to mention the pads! (Assuming that they serviced it first.)
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
Typical Citroen customer service s**t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to philip for this post:
  • ron
I wouldn't say that all main dealers are s**t, but PCH seems to have had more than his fair share of runs-in with the Llangefni dealership and I am not too enamoured with my local dealers, "Heavens Foreshore" or whatever they are called if you get my drift. To get satisfaction we travel to Manchester to a Citroen owned dealership who seem to get it right..
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
When it comes to the high level brake light I think you'll find that any light fitted must work, no matter if it is original or after market even if it's not required by law.
Think Drew might have a point here under "Construction and Use" regs???
Did'nt think brake pads came into the MOT ?. If the brakes passed on the rolling road then pad thickness should not come into it. The service part should have spotted it and I believe for a light bulb failure in the Mot no retest fee if brought back is required. (within 3 days ?)
(12-03-2013, 05:32 PM)brodfather11 Wrote:  Did'nt think brake pads came into the MOT ?. If the brakes passed on the rolling road then pad thickness should not come into it. The service part should have spotted it and I believe for a light bulb failure in the Mot no retest fee if brought back is required. (within 3 days ?)

Not sure about the brake pads one, think if the tester can see that the pads/discs are shot without stripping down then possibly is a fail....
Taking the front wheels off is not part of the MOT, but how else could they have measured the brake pad thickness at 1.5mm?
Think someone is taking the p**s. Confusedcratch:
As for the 3rd brake light; any light fitted to a vehicle must be working.
Even if the 3rd light is not a legal requirement (thought they were on modern vehicles?) it still must be working.
Bit mean not to put a new bulb in, though.
Think they all try to find a bit of work for themselves, bit of a captive audience and to be perfectly honest wouldn't really trust any of them....