Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Air Filter updated bracket
If you have the usual 1.6hdi air filter rattle because the 2 rubber locating grommets have gone awol or in my case the ham fisted muppets had broken one of the lugs off the bracket there is an uprated metal bracket.
Its a straight swap for the plastic bracket just a bit of hassle to do as you have to remove some of the egr pipework as the left 10mm nut holds on part of the pipework, The right hand is an 8mm bolt. While I had the egr loosened off I took the opportunity to blank off the egr with a plate.
The bracket is part number 1436S4 and cost me 11 quid complete with 2 grommets and has stopped the rattling now.
:thumbsup:
Ps the 8mm bolt on the right will need shortening by 20-25mm or use a replacement as the new bracket doesnt use a spacer built into the old plastic bracket.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • BlingoBlue, ron
What does the rattle sound like? I think I have this problem with mine, I can hear a rattle at idle that sounds like it's coming from the back of the air filter, it's a sort of clicking type sound I can here and I've heard other Belingos making the same noise.
If you don't fix it the airbox wears through the plastic cover on the EGR valve solenoid and bu88ers it up. Don't ask how I know.
When the motor is idling put you hand on the air filter housing does the rattle stop, can you feel movement in the housing. On the front of he housing you will see 2 round fittings that locate the front and if you remove the whole housing and look over the back you should see a bracket with 2 grommets in that the bottom of the housing locks into. If you can see holes with a diameter of 15mm the grommets are missing. What happens is when the housing is pushed back if it aint lined up the lugs push the grommets out so it just rattles in the holes and also wears the top fittings to. The top fittings are available from citroen but not sure on the bottom grommet my bracket came with them fitted. The grommet is quite chunky and bigger than a wiring grommet. I will try and get a picture of it.
This is what the new bracket looks like http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Peugeo...19df5092c1
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
I have a massive question before i change my dads to the PSA Groupe Genuine metal bracket (WHICH SHOULD HAVE BEEN TO BEGIN WITH!!!) is it possible to wind the stud out rather than remove the EGR heat exchanger assembly to remove what is in the nicest way F*cking plastic p*sh