Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
mk 3 vans with 3 seats any good ?
i am thinking of getting a mk3 van in the next few months the new type with 3 front seat, has any one had problems with them ?

i had a mk 1 for over 8 years and i have a mk 2 car at the moment.

thanks les m
they are very versatile, i've had extension ladders in and the seat drops to allow this, I like driving with the centre back down, acts as an arm rest, when its down though the passenger has a tight squeeze, Went to pick my son up the other day and he asked if i could drop his mate off, well both fellas are over 6 foot and rugby players, so driving was to say the least a bit squashed up. Still good seats
Its very handy, and as said by klberlingo, very versatile. Bit awkward changing gear with 2 passengers though...
2006 Citroen Berlingo 1.9 D - 69 BHP
1994 Renault Clio 1.8 16v - 212 BHP
1993 Renault Clio 1.8 RSi - 110 BHP

"There is no replacement for displacement"
(18-04-2014, 12:32 AM)til5101 Wrote:  Its very handy, and as said by klberlingo, very versatile. Bit awkward changing gear with 2 passengers though...

It's OK if the pretty girl sits in the middle....so I'm told!! :whistle:
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
(05-04-2014, 09:01 PM)klberlingo Wrote:  I like driving with the centre back down. Went to pick my son up the other day and he asked if i could drop his mate off, well both fellas are over 6 foot and rugby players,

Was the middle passenger actually a centre back, would have been all wrong if he was a hooker Big Grin
So where does this bit go then ?
hi i did not go for the 3 seat L1 but for a L2 2 seats i get it in a few weeks after they sort out the missing 2 part bulk head.

les
I have an enterprise 90 3 seat, I spend most my time with the passenger seat folded up and the middle chair back down for arm rest, Can have 3 people, but hand brake is in wrong place for it and changing gear is fun, pretty girls in the middle Tongue

I bet its fine in the Automatic vans
63 plate Berlingo working hard.....
as i was asked by the lad in the motor factors "is it the 2.5 seat model I had a good laugh at this

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to fanadman1 for this post:
  • addo, ATL_driver
(04-04-2014, 09:48 PM)lesm Wrote:  i am thinking of getting a mk3 van in the next few months the new type with 3 front seat, has any one had problems with them ?

i had a mk 1 for over 8 years and i have a mk 2 car at the moment.

thanks les m

My answer is a big fat NO, save your money, had mine since 2012 been a nightmare and looking at changing it. The drive is aweful and dont forget will be spending few bob on new tyres as these like wear unevenly. You cant carry anything in it as the weight makes the drive worse. Read plenty of reviews first!! wish i did, go look at the Ford they have 3 seats and looks much better and bet drives better, one more thing customer service is sh**t.
The middle seat is un-usable, its far too narrow for a normal size person unless its a hot girl, who you want excuses to make body contact with.