Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone gone from berlingo mk2 to berlingo mk3?
Hi
I have a berlingo mk2 2003 reg 1.9D and i am thinking of selling it and buying the berlingo mk3 1.6 hdi probably for around £5500ish, the car i own is excellent, but i want to get a newer car and getting a mk3 seems to make sense.
I basically need the space at the back for my part time work equipment so i need to get a similar mpv type vehicle, would you recommend the mk3 berlingo and is there anything in particular that i should look out for?
many thanks
Hi make sure it's full services history 1.6 HDI take the plastic engine cover off to make sure the injectors are dry and not leaking take it for a long drive to make sure it's not pulling to the left :thumbsup:
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Hi, many thanks for your kind advice, it is really helpful,
Yes I did 2 years ago. I had my MK2 new from 2002 and was very pleased with it. Then I decided I would get another new one as I always liked the look of the Mk3. Must say I am very pleased with it, it is slightly longer so more room for rear passengers, the side doors open wider, the ride is much better and it does not roll so much on corners. The brakes are far superior IMO and have much better pedal 'feel' It has never missed a beat (neither did my Mk2 come to that) and the MPG is better. All in all I am well pleased.

Just follow the advice about oil changes, and during your test drive try all sorts of road surfaces and make sure there are no knocking noises from the front suspension.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Trevor for this post:
  • thosd
Also take a quick peek at the rear tyres.
Uneven wear across the tread (outside 50%, inside 50% or uneven left/right) seems a well known "semi-characteristic", but you might have a little bargaining leverage if it needs new back tyres.
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement… 

2017 Berlingo Multispace Flair 120
2013 C5 Tourer 2.2HDi Excl
Previously:
2012 C5 Tourer 1.6HDi auto
2012 Berlingo Enterprise 1.6HDi Van
2009 C5 Tourer 2.0D
2001 C5 Tourer 2.0D
2001 Range Rover 4.6 Vogue (really!)
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Argos69 for this post:
  • thosd
Hi, i really appreciate all your kind advice and
thanks for taking the time to offer me some help
No problem this is what we are here for to help each other Confusedalut:
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

The rear seats can be removed completely by realeasing a catch and lifting out. They are heavy and a little awkward but no unbolting is required. With these out there is a lot of room. We get two full size mountain bikes in upright and all our luggage and still have plenty of spare room.
I constantly get 54 to 55 MPG out of my 1.6 diesel over all driving, town and motorway.
I had two mark 2 Berlingos and now have a mark 3. I found the mark 2's easier to service (more room around the back of the engine), but the mark 3 is so much more superior in space and ride comfort terms, that i would never buy anything else now.
had my 04 plate berlingo from 24.000 miles to 66.000, ( 8 years in total ) traded it in last friday for a 12 plate XTR. love it ! feels so different ,and its a lot more economical