Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berlingo Family Pack
Hi,

I’m looking around at 2nd-hand Multispaces, and the 7-seaters seem few and far between. Is it possible to get the Family Pack retrofitted? And if so, does a Citroen dealer have to do it at, presumably, eye-watering expense?

And while I’m here, does anyone have views/comments/experiences of the 7-seaters? Is there a reason why they're so rare??

thanks,
Tim H
Hi Tim and welcome. There are a couple of discussions on the forum concerning the 7 seat variant including one fairly recently. The people sitting in the rear most seats would be at considerable risk of injury in the event of a rear end collision. Those seats are in the zone that gets crushed. I'd never have one.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Thanks, yes I did see that recent thread, and I take your point about the safety aspect. The 2 extra seats would only be for occasional use on local trips (probably when relatives are staying), though I do appreciate that accidents can happen anywhere!
3rensho, smilin' driver or prophet of doom ?  Tongue We'd better all fit roll cages and fire extinguisher systems as well you never know.  Big Grin Are the fittings there if you could find the seats to convert a standard 5 seater ? If so anyone could do it.
So where does this bit go then ?
LOL frenchie. Feel free to put you and yours back there if you so desire. I've seen pix of rear ended Berli's and wouldn't want anyone I care about to sit in a third row. However some inlaws ...
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

Shocked 
Tim - Im so glad you asked this question as I was going to ask exactly the same - great minds eh?!
Hadnt thought about crumple zones though.....am secretly desiring the VW Cadi Maxi Life now - like a Berlingo on steroids!
[Image: 778382,352513,highRes,maxh,480,maxw,480,...9.jpghttp:]

I'm glad this Berlingo didn't have 7 people in it Sad
By the look of that it wouldn't have mattered if one person was in it
I would imagine IF it can be fitted then it can only be done in an XTR as that's the only model where the 2nd row seats fold down and lift up for access to the 3rd row.
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
(03-02-2015, 04:55 PM)ntm1275 Wrote:  By the look of that it wouldn't have mattered if one person was in it

According to a google image search a 44 year old man, the only occupant, was killed when a tow truck crushed the car. I doubt anyone could survive an impact like that.
So where does this bit go then ?